*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. That damn Kogoro
  2. Choose a path
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1336058-Detective-ConanCase-Close-Weight-Gain/cid/480117-That-damn-Kogoro
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #1336058
Poor Conan, being de-aged was bad enough, but childhood obesity is just too much!
This choice: While on a case overseas, Ran and Kogoro accidently send Conan to sumo camp  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

That damn Kogoro

    by: chibi1992
"I'm sorry Edogawa-san, but I was unable to contact Mouri-san, and as he is your current guardian, I'm afraid you'll have to stay here until we can reach him." said a hefty man named Wakaki, the stable master for the 'Yamauchi Junior Sumo Stables,' which became a sort of sumo camp for the youngsters in the summer.

"Arigatou Wakaki-san, it's okay." replied Conan in a polite way, plastering on a fake smile on his cherubic face.

'That damn Kogoro!' he scowled inwardly,'How drunk did he get to confuse SUMO camp with DETECTIVE camp!'

A couple of months ago, school had ended and Conan, while liking his new friends but not wanting to spend three months doing mind-numbing seven year old things, opted for camp, and was set on spending two months in a cabin somewhere in the outskirts of Kyoto talking about the awesomeness of Sherlock Holmes and showing off by solving fake crime scenes.

However, he did not expect one Mouri Kogoro to attend a party celebrating the promotion of one his close friends on the force, which caused him to get so intoxicated he saw a refrigerator turn into a puma. And thus, when reminded about Conan's camp activities from a pan-wielding Ran, his massive hangover caused him to chose 'YamaUCHI's Junior Sumo Stables' rather than 'YamaNAKA's Sherlock Enthusiasts.'

It should be said in Kogoro's defense however, that Conan should have noticed all the pudgy, overweight kids wearing mawashis on his bus, but was unable to due to a late night case which would exhaust his young body. So, while Conan was asleep on the bus with his head against the window, the bus' hefty driver continued on, not at all knowing about the mix-up.

But back to the story. Conan was now stuck here, at a junior sumo camp for the summer, because while Wakaki said he was going to continue contacting Kogoro, it was unlikely he'd ever reach him, mostly because he out vacationing in the States and had only bothered to put his home phone on the application, which would never be picked up by anyone since Ran had decided to go participate in this year's International Karate Tour. And with Agasa only being a close family friend and not his legal guardian, he was pretty much stuck here for the summer.

Right now, he was currently in a large dojo as the stable master and some of his older wrestlers gave motivational speeches in an attempt to pump up the boys, which was obviously working seeing as how they were all jumping up and down and were already boasting about how experienced they were. All the while Conan was feeling a little upset about his new camp and also was feeling a little left out being around a bunch of sumo enthusiasts while he himself knew almost nil about sumo other than then the basics.

"...and now for your schedules. Each of your days will go like this," said an older wrestler. "You will wake up at 7 o'clock in the morning to practice your skills with each other 'till noon, where we have lunch until 2 o'clock, followed by a forty-five minute nap. Then, you have lessons, consisting of the history of sumo, tactics used, and more, until 8 o'clock in the evening. Afterwards, you will have a dinner, and then an hour in your dorms to do whatever you please until lights out at 10 o'clock. Any questions?"

As the young adolescents shook their heads in the negative, the older wrestlers began handing out dorm number, with Conan himself getting dorm number 5 along with 3 others. He sighed a little as he realized once again that he'd probably be in stuck in his room all day, rereading his detective books as the other children made friends. But he shrugged it off and began to walk towards the door and onto the hallways, when he was suddenly called by Wakaki, who was now running towards him.

"Yes Wakaki-san?" he asked, his innocent kid face set firmly on his face.

"I've been thinking about what to do with you for your stay with us, and I've been thinking that its probably better if you participate with the other children rather then having you kept inside a stuffy room for the next two months. Of course, the choice is yours, but it's just an option I thought I should lay out there," he said.

'I probably should just wait until they call that bastard,' he thought and was about to said so when he remembered how unlikely that probably would be.

"I'll try being a sumo wrestler Wakaki-san!" he yelled. 'After all,' he thought, 'I'd rather be around people my own age, even if my age is now seven again. Plus, I'd wouldn't really be a sumo. Gain a few pounds, try and win a few matches, make some friends, then go home and lose the ten, fifteen pounds I'd gain. It'll be cake.'

Unbeknownst to Conan, a sumo wrestler's life made it so he'd probably be gaining close to thirty or forty pounds that would most likely stay on him. It also made habits that would be detrimental in helping one lose weight and would stack on more weight. Which was why it was huge advantage to kids wanting to be junior sumos, as it allowed them a head start on their peers. On a side note, it should be said that a sumo's life is a very a healthy life, as they eat mostly foods with 'good' fat and pack on a bit of muscle to boot.

Of course, this was something that Conan wouldn't learn until much later, when the above would already be happening. But like before, he was unaware of them, and was escorted to his dorm by Wakaki, where he talked a little with the other boys, all of them larger then he, before he washed up and went to bed, not all knowing the changes that would happen.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 chibi1992 (UN: chibi1992 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
chibi1992 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1336058-Detective-ConanCase-Close-Weight-Gain/cid/480117-That-damn-Kogoro