*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Side effects may include weight gain
  2. Choose a path
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1336058-Detective-ConanCase-Close-Weight-Gain/cid/587593-Side-effects-may-include-weight-gain
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Other · #1336058
Poor Conan, being de-aged was bad enough, but childhood obesity is just too much!
This choice: The APTX 4869 starts slowing Conan's metabolism  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Side effects may include weight gain

    by: chibi1992
"…so we’re in my room, going through piles and piles of clothes and none of them fit! Sure, the shirts are okay, if just a little tight, but my jeans didn’t even go past my thighs! So then Ran gives me this speech about ‘how I’m just growing’ and I’m just nodding my head and blushing at the same time. Anyways, since nothing fits except these blue sweatpants and sweatshirt, we're shopping for new clothes this weekend with Serena!"

With a sigh, Conan finished his long tirade about his morning experiences and turned to the only other occupant in the room, his neighbor Dr. Agasa, who was having as small giggle fit in the corner.

“It’s not funny Dr. Agasa! What if there’s something seriously wrong with me!” said the small teen-turned-boy from his seat at the ever good doctor’s observation table. The young child had wires everywhere on him, all of them hooked up to machines, each of them scanning him for different things.

“I’m sorry Shinchi, but the thought of you experience the same difficulties that we larger people have just makes me want to roll on the floor!” Again, another laugh.

It had been a surprise to the middle-aged man when his young friend knocked his door, demanding a physical. When he asked why, all he did was simply pull up his shirt and point to his middle. The boy’s body, which just a week before had been flat and rigid with small, but tone muscles, was now a bit rounds as it was covered in a sufficient layer of fat. Not enough that he was able to grab a handful of it, but it had enlarged enough that his waist had probably gone up a size or two. The rest of him thickened as well. His arms, once stick-thin, were now noticeably larger. His legs gain another layer of fat, his calves became soft, and his rear had widened too. His normally cherubic face, looked even more cherubic with his even rounder cheeks. Again, all of these changes weren’t really that much, but it was enough that he looked no longer like a sporty, athletic child, but more like an average, sedentary boy.

Hearing a beep, the aging doctor stood up, and walked towards one of the machines currently attached to Conan’s body, which had started printing a readout. After giving the paper a through read-through, he started to turn off the remaining machines.

“Hmm…,” said Dr. Agasa, his face molded in such a way as if he were thinking deeply, “It appears that your recent weight gain is due to a slower metabolic rate. Seeing as you lack any of the normal causes for your subdued metabolism, we can only assume that this is a side effect of the APTX 4869 that has only just surfaced. Unfortunately, since this is a side effect of the apotoxin, we really can’t give you any medication or anything else to help you manage your weight, as we don’t know how if it would work correctly due to the drug.”

“What!” yelled Conan, “What am I supposed to then!? I’ve already gained ten lbs. this week, who knows how much I’ll gain in a month! I’ll be a blimp by then!”

“Just because I said you couldn’t take any medication, doesn’t mean there isn’t anything you can do Shinchi,” replied Agasa in a lecturing type of tone, “It just means we’ll have to use more conventional methods, such as portion control, diet, and exercise. With any luck, we’ll have you back down to your normal 40lbs. in no time.”

With that, he ended their discussion, and sent Conan on his way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the Mouri Residence, Conan was planning on taking Prof. Agasa’s advice to heart. He had ate a smaller portion tonight and was getting ready to put his plate in the sink when Ran stopped him.

“Conan-Kun, are you done eating already? You haven’t eaten even half of what you usually eat,” said Ran.

“Gomen Ran-nee-chan, I’m just not hungry tonight,” said Conan, hoping to end their talk there with a simple excuse. Unfortunately, his stomach growled just then.

“Conan-Kun,” began Ran, her voice taking on a scolding tone, “Just because you’ve gained a little weight doesn’t mean you should be starving yourself. You’re a growing boy, it’ll even out eventually.”

Grabbing his plate, she filled it back up again before setting it down in front of him.

“Now, sit back down and finish this up. It’s not healthy to deprive yourself of the nutrients your body needs Conan-Kun.”

Reluctantly, he sat back down, knowing he wouldn’t be going anyway until his plate was clean.

With a sigh, he decided to forget about Agasa’s advice for now, until he was able to properly practice it. However, it seemed like it would be a while before that happened, as Ran appeared to be unwilling to let Conan allow himself, in her, to damage his own health.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 chibi1992 (UN: chibi1992 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
chibi1992 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1336058-Detective-ConanCase-Close-Weight-Gain/cid/587593-Side-effects-may-include-weight-gain