*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Reunion
  2. The Man in White
  3. Rescued and the fox's duel
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1341133-Avatar-Naruto-and-foot-stink/cid/575637-Reunion
Rated: E · Interactive · Other · #1341133
characters form Avatar & Naruto in foot-related torture Please add new chapters
This choice: ...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #35

Reunion

    by: KingsSideCastle
The sky darkened as Naruto and Azula ran through the woods. It was clear that a vicious battle was being fought behind them the likes of which neither of them had ever seen before. Both of them were focused on one thing…getting as far away from there as possible and neither of them dared turn to witness what was going on.

It was only when he felt the ground tremble underneath them like a massive earthquake had struck that Naruto couldn’t resist looking behind him to see what was going on.

“What the…?!” He said, turning to see a 600 long X 600 tall Iron wall sizzling with energy cutting across the ground behind them.

“Naruto Watch Out!!!!” Azula (who hadn’t bothered to turn around) screamed pointing in front of him.

Bam!!! Naruto looked back ahead just in time to notice the tree in front of him and slam into it face first. The speed and force with which he charged into it caused him to tumble backwards bumping into Azula (who had been running right behind him) and causing them both to hit the floor hard.

“Ow!!” Naruto groaned sitting up. He was still a little dizzy from hitting the tree.

A hand reached towards him and helped him up. Naruto looked up to see the man who had saved him from being devoured by the Ninetails a few moments ago.

“Are you alright?” the man asked.

Naruto nodded. Staring at the man in white, the energetic Ninja was unusually at a lose for words.

The man moved toward Azula and helped her up too. Azula gave him a nod of thanks. Minato looked at the two of them. “I suggest that we continue to get as far away from here as possible.” He told them.

Neither of them argued with him and the three began running further into the forest.

“What happened?” Naruto asked finally finding his voice.

Minato looked at them “I used a jutsu known as Heaven’s gate!” he explained. “It creates a barrier that can even repel Bijū.”

Naruto scratched his head. There was something about the man in white that seemed very familiar to him. Something pleasant. Almost like a dream or distant memory that he had trouble recalling.

“I’ve met you before…?” Naruto said rubbing his forehead trying to remember. He asked it like a question but he knew it was true. Somehow he knew. Naruto wished he could remember. He wanted to remember.

The man simply nodded. “Yes a long time ago,” he said softly.

“How?” Naruto asked.

For a brief second the man looked at Naruto like he wanted to say something. There were a million things he wanted to say. A million things he wanted to tell him. He wanted Naruto to know the connection between them. A connection he valued more than anything. He wanted to let his son know that he was proud of him. That he was sorry for leaving him and most of all he wanted to tell Naruto how much he loved him. Unfortunately as so often seemed the case, time was not on his side. Sighing, he took his eyes off his son to focus on the task at hand.

“Sorry…no time to reminisce,” The Man in white said. “That jutsu won’t hold him for long so I’m going to have to make this quick.”

Almost in response to the 4th Hokage’s statement, the sound of thunder was heard as the demon fox attacked the gate pounding it from the outside. The gate shook violently looking like it would give way at any second.

Minato frowned. “Listen carefully because I probably won’t get the chance to explain this again. Engaging in a mental duel was a bad idea because unlike a normal person, you share your consciousness with another.”

Naruto suddenly understood. “You mean the Kyuubi?”

The 4th Hokage nodded.

“Kyuubi?” Azula said.

Naruto grimaced. Now was definitely not the time to discuss his secret with her. “That thing,” He said pointing at the gate. “But I’ll have to fill you in on it later.”

Azula reluctantly nodded. She was curious but realized that there were bigger things at stake to be worried about.

Minato went on. “When Azula locked your minds in a mental duel, it allowed the Demon Fox’s consciousness to surface and now…it’s fighting for control of your body.”

Minato glanced at the two of them “I don’t need to tell you that if it wins out it will be very bad do I?”

They both shook their head.

The 4th hokage managed a weak smile. “Good!”
There was another thunderclap at the gate. This time it began to crack.

“As informative as this is turning out,” Azula said. “I’m less concerned with how that thing escaped and more concerned with how to stop it.”

“You can’t stop it in the conventional sense,” Minato explained. “What you need to do is try to end the duel. It should return things to normal”

Azula scowled. “Yeah well…Newsflash blondie. I tried that already.”

The Fourth Hokage shook his head. “Since you are locked in Naruto’s subconscious, Naruto has to be the one to get you out of here.”

They looked at the fox ninja. Nodding, Naruto tried thinking of the color white but nothing happened.

More pounding…the crack was visibly bigger.

“It’s not working!!” Azula said frustrated.

Minato sighed. “It looks like the demon fox is using its powers to suppress your thoughts.”

“So what do we do?” Naruto asked.

Minato considered. “You need to head to the center of your subconscious.” He told Naruto.

“The center of my subconscious?” Naruto repeated giving him a blank expression.

The Fourth Hokage smiled. “That’s the location where your mind will be strongest.” He explained. “With a little luck that should provide the extra mental boost that will allow you to escape from here.”

The pounding and cracking got louder. The three continued to run through the woods.

“Great so how do we get there?” The boy asked

“It not quite that simple,” Minato said. “First you have to figure out where there is. The center of your subconscious would be a place that you have a deep emotional attachment towards; a place that you would call your home.”

Naruto considered carefully. “The only place I can really say that about is Konoha village. I’ve lived there all my life.”

The man nodded. “Then that is where you should be headed.”

“But how do I get there?” Naruto asked.

The 4th looked at him calmly. “Naruto, this is your mind. Whether you realize it or not…you know where everything is.”

Concentrating, Naruto looked towards the south east. “I think it’s that way.” he said.

BANG!!!!!!!!!! A hole appeared in the gate and from the distance the group could see a malevolent eye peering through at them.

The 4th hokage nodded to Naruto and Azula. “You two go on ahead…I’ll try to hold him off.”

Naruto looked worried. He didn’t know why but he didn’t want the man to leave him. “You can’t take on the Kyuubi alone…he’s too strong!!”

Minato waved him off. “Don’t worry about me…I’ll be fine.”

Naruto still looked concerned.

The 4th Hokage lightly tipped Naruto’s chin. “Believe it!”

Something about the warm look in the man’s eyes made Naruto trust him and he consented.

Minato looked at Azula. “Keep on eye on him for me! He’s a handful”

Azula nodded.

Just before Naruto left, he turned to ask the man in white one more question. “If this is my mind…How are you able to be here?”

Minato smiled. “While the Demon Fox exists in your soul…I guess you could say I exist in your heart.”

Naruto smiled. Somehow that cryptic remark made him feel happy.

The 4th leaned in to whisper to Naruto. “When you get back to Konoha…the real Konoha that is. Check the rock beside the waterfall outside of the village. I left something there that you might need in the future.”

Naruto nodded and he and Azula headed off into the woods to find the village. When they were out of earshot, Azula asked Naruto who the man in white was.

Naruto stared off into distance before answering. “I don’t know.” He said. “But when I was around him…I felt this really familiar vibe.”

***

Crash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Minato Namikaze watched as the rest of the gate crumbled before him. “It’s been a while since I fought, I might be a little bit rusty.”

The Fox look at him and smiled.



Which perspective does the story continue from?

You have the following choices:

1. Naruto's and Azula's as they race toward Konoha!

*Noteb*
2. Minato Namikaze's as he faces off against the fox!

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Dylan M has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1341133-Avatar-Naruto-and-foot-stink/cid/575637-Reunion