*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Incident
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1409732-Shrunk-in-Azumanga-Daioh/cid/516102-The-Incident
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1409732
You find yourself shrunk in the world of Azumanga Daioh. Details inside.
Chapter #1

The Incident

    by: PervySage
John would enter the science lab at Azumano high school, timorously peeking into the room to ensure noone else was there. He had heard that this school facilities were all around impressive, and the shy, easily embarrassed boy had wanted to see this for himself. His icy blue eyes reflected the dim lighting of the room, as he ran a lithe hand through his short, brown hair.

Seeing no one in the room, he slipped inside, shutting the door behind him. He was fairly sure he wouldn't get in trouble, but he didn't want to take a chance with anyone running into him. School had not even started yet, and he certainly was there early, ready to begin his career here as a sophomore; 11th grade in Japan. John would begin to take a few tentative steps into the room, before his luck went down the drain.

As fate would have it, Tomo Takino had been on clean up duty the day before. The ADHD, hyperactive girl had mopped some of the floor, but then been distracted and run off. Something perhaps expected from Osaka. Any friend of Tomo's might have warned John to be careful. After all, Tomo was known for half assing her way through tasks.

It happened in an instant. John felt his left foot go ahead of his right one. However, due to his martial arts training, he had fairly good balance. He spun his upper body a little, grabbing onto a table. But his hand forced weight down on the table, and a glass vial was tipped off the table, shattering below John. A huge explosion of harmless, pink smoke filled the room, the automatic emergency ventilation system activating and filtering the air out.

But as John's vision cleared, and the pink wisps of smoke faded, he realized something was drastically different. A huge metal pillar stood next to him, slanted slightly. looking along it's impressive length, he saw that this towering structure was a chair leg. He had been shrunken down to the size of a dime. He swallowed, his knees beginning to shake.

Then, as he thought that things couldn't possibly get an worse, they did. He heard echoing footfalls nearing the lab door. It seemed someone else was here too. This was bot good, especially for the minuscule John, who; wearing his normal attire of a black suit ensemble, would be spotted in contrast to the linoleum floor. His mind began working, and he realized that he'd stand out, especially next to the fragments of the dropped beaker.

He moved as fast as his tiny legs could carry him, coming to a halt behind a table leg. From behind the safety of his latest shelter, he peeked out, as the door opened.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 PervySage (UN: pervysage at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PervySage has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1409732-Shrunk-in-Azumanga-Daioh/cid/516102-The-Incident