*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1500091-Latushin---A-Fantasy-For-Grown-Ups
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1500091
An exercise in straight storytelling. Help me create an epic, heroic-quest adventure

An exercise in straight storytelling. Help me create an epic, heroic-quest adventure

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
Have you despaired of ever finding an interactive story that concentrates on character development and plot?? Are you tired of women twenty feet tall and boys ballooning to a thousand pounds?? Are you sick of characters from a video game you never heard of?? Are you fed up with lazy typists and/or morons who use `your’ as a contraction for `you are??’

Well, Latushin is for you! A traditional fantasy story, whose plot flows from intriguing characters in a pre-industrial society where magic somewhat compensates for lack of technology. At least, that’s my vision at this time.

Anyone is welcome to read Latushin, and leave comments or reviews. I ask, however, that only those who seriously want to stay in the spirit of the narrative contribute chapters. I don’t want any time machines showing up, or Super Mario chasing Pokemon into Goerthe. Please check your spelling and grammar. I make typng misteaks two, so I won’t automatically delete a chapter that has `there’ when the writer meant `their,’ but I’d appreciate it if you take care.

Let's try to keep the story GP rated. We can do without explicit, orifice-by-orifice descriptions of sexual activity. Please avoid preaching. We want to entertain, not expound on the joys of socialism. We're aiming toward a `young adult' audience.

Write in the third person. I prefer a limited-knowledge third person narrator, and I always stick with one Point Of View character for an entire chapter. By limited knowledge, I mean the reader can know the POV character's thoughts and emotions, but only the actions of other characters. In other words, if the POV character can deduce that another character is angry, jealous, evil, or whatever, we can share that info with the reader. I'm not a fan of omniscient narrator, but I can live with it.

I am going to start off the story with quite a bit of detail. I have my own ideas about the physical features of the Latushin continent, the political and social customs, and the individual characters. Please try to stay within the parameters I’ve established. I’ll leave you guys with enough characters, locations, and situations to get the story off to a good start. Please do not introduce a new major character right away. And please do not steer the story into something that does not fit the Heroic Quest-medieval fantasy genre. Sure, we’ll have men who ride horses and tend cattle. We may (Or may not) have indigenous peoples struggling to find their place in a society that is passing them by. We will NOT have cowboys and Indians.

(Later) I've changed my mind about you not adding characters. We need a variety of characters, both major and minor. If the situation calls for a new character, introduce him or her. If you think the character might play a significant role, tell us a bit about him

The first chapter describes the land and characters. We’ll start the story proper in the second chapter.
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 13+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1500091-Latushin---A-Fantasy-For-Grown-Ups