*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1519184-A-Transforming-New-Job/cid/679066-Staring-at-Retirement
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1519184
Watch as people's lives are literaly changed forever due to their new job!
This choice: people over 65  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Staring at Retirement

    by: Unknown
people over 65. Didn't you read the ad for the position?"

"What ad...uhhh...Cindy?"

"Sorry, Cindy Jenkins. So, someone just told you we needed help here and it sounded like itwas a good paying job right?"

"Yeah. Actually my roommate showed me an ad in a local paper and I looked at it briefly."

"Let me guess...uhhh...I never go your name."

"Rachel."

"Rachel, you just figured it was a good paying job and the only requirement was to be flexible and open to new experiences. Is that about it?"

"Exactly, how'd you know?"

"I was the same way. Don't worry though, the staff here is very supportive and we hang with one another. The residents are fun too, and the assignments are mostly fun though

there are occasional adjustments we have to make."

"What kind of adjustments?"

"Oh, nothing really much, and like I said we staff here are like family and we watch out for each other."

About that time they came upon the beauty parlor. Cindy told Rachel,"I have to look into something before we hit the activity room. Wait in that seat over there for me."

"The one with the hair dryer above it?"

"Yes, that one over there. I'll join you again as soon as I talk to Sophie."

Rachel went over and took a seat, and noticed as she sat down someone lowered the hair dryer so that it covered the top of her head. She was about to protest, when

an overwhelming sense of relaxation came over her. A woman came by and handed her an issue of AARP magazine, and she looked at it as she waited.

"Here I am sweetie," came Cindy's voice a few moments later. "You are coming along just fine, Sophie says we'll both be ready to go soon."

"By the way," Rachel commented, wondering why her own voice sounded somewhat foreign to her,"you never mentioned what my job is?"

"Well, if you must know, today the ladies group needs a couple extra for bridge so you and I are joining in."

"Oh, alright dear, and also, what is with my voice and why does my body feel so different now?"

"You are changing for the job into..."



You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. someone at least 45 years old

*Noteb*
2. someone over 50

3. you're aging right now until you are 65

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
GoneToTheDogs has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1519184-A-Transforming-New-Job/cid/679066-Staring-at-Retirement