*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Devil's Huntsman
  2. Other
  3. The New Employee
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1519184-A-Transforming-New-Job/cid/704231-The-Devils-Huntsman
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1519184
Watch as people's lives are literaly changed forever due to their new job!
This choice: Joseph Hanson (52)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Devil's Huntsman

    by: Unknown
"Mr. Hanson?"

The youthful clerk with a Southern accent called out the name with dismay. Around the world, he was famous for the highest catches. Joseph Hanson, the Devil's Huntsman, they called him. Not a soul could lay a hand on his record. And now, he was finally applying for retirement, on the social front.

J.D. Hanson crocked his head properly upon his head again, and shifted his eyes around as if he was John Wayne. He walked up to the youthful clerk, who'd just peed his pants seeing the man himself.

"Son, you might wanna watch that, next time you're calling up for interviews."

With that, Hanson shook the terrified clerk's hand, and slipped into the next room.

There, waiting at the table, sat the Mystery Man. A collector Hanson had been familiar with in the world of animal bounty. If there was a price on it, you could bet the Mystery Man had a req out on it.
(req is slang for request in this story.) Hanson hadn't wanted to fool around with this shady guy, but after the terrible outcome of his last hunt, he had no choice. The Mystery Man offered him a price that no man could ignore in Hanson's position.

"Mr. Hanson, so nice to finally see you."

The Mystery Man's voice was distorted, but J.D. knew he'd met the man in the flesh.

"I was sure you wouldn't refuse the offer. The price is high enough for even the Huntsmaster himself..."

With that, the Mystery Man laid out a briefcase. Business type...

"Inside that briefcase is every batch of info you could ever want about your prey. Common locations, last sightings, etc. Plus, a couple hundred to get you around. Couldn't leave that all up to you, could I?"

The Mystery Man laughed devilishly. Hanson himself feared the Man might be ol' Red himself, come to snatch his title back from the elderly J.D.

"Your mission begins in 24, if you can handle it."

Hanson glared at the Mystery Man. Of course he did. They shook on it, and Hanson made his exit.

"Oh, and one more thing... I'm sure you remember you're chasing...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. the Hopper." (disappearing deer)

*Noteb*
2. Cacuchinga." (giant cougar)

*Noteb*
3. the Deadfin." (undead fish/shark)

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
GoneToTheDogs has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1519184-A-Transforming-New-Job/cid/704231-The-Devils-Huntsman