*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1519184-A-Transforming-New-Job/cid/702469-The-Conference
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1519184
Watch as people's lives are literaly changed forever due to their new job!
This choice: Continue...  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Conference

    by: Unknown
"Welcome, Mary! Or, would you rather we refer to you as Miss Longfield?"

Her new boss looked kind of old, at least in his forties. She had to admit, it was disappointing.

"Um, Mary's good by me! Um, I didn't think I'd be meeting my boss this early..."

"What? Boss? Oh, me, I'm just the assistant. Don't worry, happens all the time! The boss is really busy right now, so..."

At that moment the phone went off, and the forty-something cringed. He stalked over towards the phone, and picked it up like it was covered in slime.

"H-hello?"

"GODDAMMIT, WISE!! 7:15, I SAID! 7:15! CAN'T EVEN GET THE GODDAMN TIME RIGHT! I'LL BE COMING DOWN TO THE CONFERENCE HALL NOW, SO YOU BETTER KEEP YOUR ASS THERE!"

Mary shuddered, it was the real boss. Somehow, she had the strangest premonition this job wasn't going to end well... The assistant, whose name must have been 'Wise', desperately motioned for Mary to come back. She pitied the poor guy, and without a sound walked his way. When he saw her meandering over, he smiled and began to explain.

"My boss, and yours in the future, is a little scary at first. His name is Doxon and please remember that. Oh, and do whatever he says; your life could depend upon it. I'm sure you'll see Mr. Doxon as a very fair employer..."

The conference doors slammed open again, and in walked "the boss". He was tall, with jet black hair and beady brown eyes that looked like hellfire. As far as age, Mary thought he didn't look a day over 25, which contrasted highly to his weakly elder assistant. Mary kept it to herself, but despite his imposing get-up, Mr. Doxon was kind of hot. She stood as primly as she could, and tried to look very eager for the job. This could be the thing that rocketed her to the top, if what her friends said was the truth. She wondered if any of them had to face this man before her... She got a little excited.

"Well, well, you even let her in? Good morning, Miss..."

Mary was unsure how to greet him, so she kept her hands to herself at first.

"Longfield, Mary Longfield. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Doxon."

Doxon shot a dirty sneer at his assistant, and then his face completely morphed. He smiled candidly at Mary, and quite frankly it was freaky.

"It's such a nice time when summer rolls around, don't you think? For me, it means fresh, young faces all around the building. I think you'll find this the best summer job you've ever had! Maybe, even, when you get a little older you'll come on back!"

Doxon laughed, and Mary had to stop herself from completely melting. This guy seemed sexier by the minute, but she knew he was 1: her boss, 2: interviewing her for a job, 3: completely and utterly creepy. So, she submissively sat down across from him and Mr. Wise, tentatively twiddling her thumbs under the table.

"As I'm sure, you've never applied her before?"

"No."

"Good, well, the job is basically this. We are a modeling agency, no?"

Mary nodded her head; it was good to hear her old dream.

"Then you, for a special piece, will be modeling for us, and this will run approximately..."

"Three months," Wise stated.

Again, Doxon glared at him, and redirected a happy face to Mary.

"So, you will start tomorrow, and wear baggy clothes, please. The receptionist will meet you on your way out with the schedule. Thank you!"

Doxon and Wise flew out in a hurry, but just before leaving, Wise shot her a solemn glance. It seemed to say, "I'm so sorry." Mary couldn't make sense of it. She walked out of the conference hall, and moved towards the receptionist table. The receptionist looked up at her again.

"Oh, it's you. So, I'm assuming you're hired."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Ma'am? Ha! That's a new one. Here's your schedule, kid. May God be with you."

With that, Mary left the Agency, but not without a confused look on her face. What was all this about? Needless to say, it would really begin tomorrow...

You have the following choice:

1. Continue...

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
GoneToTheDogs has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1519184-A-Transforming-New-Job/cid/702469-The-Conference