*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/695118-other-Felaryan-creatures
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1562917
A young slave encounters another prisoner in the castle that isn't human!
This choice: other Felaryan creatures  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

other Felaryan creatures

    by: Bruce Lee Gifford Jr.
Fairies- Felaryan fairies are widely feared by adventurers and considered top predators in the same way that nagas are: they can fly, they live in packs, and are often efficient spell casters. One of their most feared abilities is size-shifting: fairies can change their size at will, from 3 inches to 100 feet (although this range varies a bit from one fairy to another.

Almost all fairies also have the innate ability to temporarily alter the size of another creature, though it depends a lot on the original size of the target and its magic resistance. For example, if the target is too big to start with the fairy will be unable to change its size at all. Felaryan fairies are voracious and love to snack on adventurers, usually after shrinking them.

A fairy's power is stored in their wings, meaning that if their wings are hurt their magic is decreased dramatically, to the point of preventing them from using even their most basic of abilities. For example, fairies with damaged wings are unable to size-shift, and are stuck at their current size until their wings have healed.

Fairies are usually playful and mischievous beings who love to have fun more than anything else. The way they view good and evil is rather special and different from the way humans view it. However, contrary to popular belief, not all fairies are light hearted. In their population you can find a wide range of attitudes that vary from the usual fun loving and carefree pranksters to solemn watchmen, serious scholars, mystic sages and even dark brooding warriors.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------

a harpy- Harpies are half women half bird creatures that have wings instead of arms and claws instead of feet. Some of them have feathers on parts of their body as well, though this varies a lot from one species to another. Felaryan harpies are usually about 80 feet tall but shorter races also exist. Harpies are all female, mating with males from other species to reproduce. A harpy baby inherits a small amount of genetic material from her father, which goes into trait and features that don't alter her physiology as a member of her mother's species.

Harpies are voracious and one of the top predators in the skies of Felarya. Preferring to fly over mountains and plains, they have excellent vision and hearing, and can spot prey from extremely far away. They have been know to be a bit cruel towards their prey when hunting in groups, often playing games with their food involving dropping and catching. Being without hands, harpies are extremely agile with their mouth and tongue. Unlike when in a group, a lone harpy is cautious. When confronted with a large group of humans, she will usually just swoop down on them with a wide open mouth, snatch one or two, and then fly off to find a quiet place to digest her meal.

You have the following choices:

1. a fairy

*Noteb*
2. a harpy

3. other Felaryan creatures

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. (UN: bruce607 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/695118-other-Felaryan-creatures