*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Take a Look!
  2. New Arrival
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/697807-Take-a-Look
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1562917
A young slave encounters another prisoner in the castle that isn't human!
This choice: a phoenix  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Take a Look!

    by: Bruce Lee Gifford Jr.
Lord William smiled as an evil plan began to developed in his brain. "Why don't you go in and and take a look see?" Lord William replied. Lord William nodded to the guard and the guard opened the human sized door to the cell that was made of iron bars. Lord William shoved Felix into the cell just as the other guards opened the cage once the cage was through the large entrance that could fit the cage through it.

Felix tried to catch himself, but he stumbled in the dark cell that was only lite by the torches on the walls and landed roughly on his belly. The stone floor was damp and bare just like the rest off the cell walls which sent a chill up through Felix's skin. Felix tried to catch his breath from the hard impact of hitting the floor, but he stopped when he heard the rustling of feathers!

Slowly, Felix looked up in the direction of the movement. Felix could see the opening of the large cage inside the enormous prison cell he was in. Tucked into the furthest corner of the cage was a mess of golden feathers, a great mound of shiny plumage. Above the mound was a pair of shiny black eyes that were fixed upon him. The eyes loomed closer as the bird extended its neck.

Felix held his breath and continued to lie on the floor as the head of a massive bird edged out of the cage opening into the torch light of the cell. Felix lied perfectly still, mostly out of fear, as the phoenix emerged out of the cage and into the cell. The bird was tall and easily as tall as an adult elephant. The phoenix looked like any ordinary bird of prey, but it was covered in many vibrant and beautiful colored feathers that it would be near impossible not comment on such a magnificent and beautiful creature.

However, Felix was truly frightened that the giant bird of prey would devour him and he didn't pay attention to its beauty. The phoenix continued to stare at Felix as it walked up to him. Felix began to hyperventilate as the creature's beak descended towards his helpless body. The phoenix probed Felix's back gently. When the smooth beak touched Felix's back, Felix once again held his breath. The phoenix's beak moved the folds of his rough shirt and slid along the exposed skin of his back. Felix could feel his very skin crawl as the cold and smooth beak of the phoenix ran along his naked back. The only thing that kept his back semi-warm was the hot breath of the large creature standing above him.

"It's going to kill me," Felix thought. His lungs ached with unspent air. The point of the beak sifted through Felix's hair, and he could feel the creature's breath move softly over his skin. Felix watched the wooden cage being moved out while the phoenix's attention was on him. There were two entrances to the cell. One was normal sized, the doorway Felix was pushed through, and the other was large enough to fit the cage in. The large doors were closing now that the elephant cage was out of the cell. Felix was beginning to lose all hope of escaping the cell.

"How do you like my phoenix, slave?" Lord William questioned, his voice smashing the calm of the moment. The creature jerked its head up and cried out, fixing its black stare on the open doorway where Lord William was standing unfazed by the shriek the large bird had given.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. (UN: bruce607 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/697807-Take-a-Look