*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/701631-The-Amarok-and-the-Collar
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1562917
A young slave encounters another prisoner in the castle that isn't human!
This choice: an amarok (giant wolf)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

The Amarok and the Collar

    by: blackfox
"An amarok," Lord William spoke proudly, "You've never heard of one, have you?"

Felix simply shook his head, "Well... no."

Lord William smiled grimly. "Well, allow me to educate you then," he began, "An amarok is a monstrous wolf that can plow through castle walls, has skin as thick as armor, and is nearly impossible to kill." Felix's blood went cold. "You needn't worry though, it's still an infant," the Lord laughed a bit then continued, "You shall care for it until it reaches maturity. You will also have to teach it who the master is and if it dies... you die."

Felix was speechless. Was he serious? A ten year old slave was to care for such a monster! Surly he jest! "But Lord..."

"And to make sure of that, I brought you a little gift." Suddenly, a guard form behind snapped something to the back of Felix's neck. Felix fell to the ground from a new found pain that now coursed in his body.

"The amarok has one of those collars on as well, they bind your soul to its. If one of you dies, the other dies as well. So, don't slack off! Also, you can't remove the collar, so don't try!" he grined, "Don't worry, you'll be taken well taken care of IF you do your part that is." Felix looked up at the vile lord, "Now, I'll leave you to get acquainted with with your better half. Take care."

He and guard left him there lying in the dark with the beast, as the two reached the the top of the stairs, the guard looked back and muttered, "Poor kid," before shutting the door. In the dark, Felix looked up into the cage to see the amarok...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 blackfox (UN: redwolf91 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/701631-The-Amarok-and-the-Collar