*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Golden Dragon
  2. The Dragon
  3. New Arrival
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/759323-Golden-Dragon
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1562917
A young slave encounters another prisoner in the castle that isn't human!
This choice: Gold scales. It's male and it's just lying on her stomach staring at Felix.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Golden Dragon

    by: K T Ong
"Okay, you know what to do now, slave! Make sure you do what I told you by tomorrow, or I'll make you regret it!" With these words the Lord and his men went out of the cell, the doors of which they closed with a loud clang, leaving Felix and the creature inside.

Felix had never seen such a large and frightening creature before with his own eyes. He shook with terror when the dragon stared at him. But then he noticed that somehow the eyes did not look menacing. They looked... gentle. Felix was quietly surprised, but also somewhat relieved.

Very carefully he made a small, quiet step towards the dragon, just to have a closer look. He noticed something most unusual. Every scale on the dragon's body had some strange symbols or writings on it.

Felix wondered: what did those symbols and writings say? Could they be spells, maybe? And where did those symbols and writings come from? Did someone engrave them on the scales? If so, it must have been a lot of extremely hard work. And why would anyone want to do such a thing anyway? But if it wasn't someone who engraved them on the scales, then what else could explain the presence of all those symbols on them?

Felix was thinking of all this, when suddenly the dragon's head came very close to Felix, and the dragon licked him!

Felix stumbled back several steps with shock, wiping the dragon's saliva off his face. As he did so, he felt a strange, tingling sensation on his skin. He had heard some people say that dragon saliva is supposed to be extremely magical. But if so, what sort of magic would it be? What sort of effect would it have on him, harmful or beneficial?

Well, he wasn't hurting. In fact the sensation was actually mildly pleasant. In any case, he was greatly relieved that the dragon viewed him as a friend!

Felix summoned his courage and came real close to the dragon. The dragon rubbed his head gently against Felix's face!
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 K T Ong (UN: sensei at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bruce Lee Gifford Jr. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1562917-The-Prisoner/cid/759323-Golden-Dragon