*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Dr Babbingtree and a Woman
  2. CHOOSE YOUR PLAYER
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1572947-Costume-Store/cid/803889-Dr-Babbingtree-and-a-Woman
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1572947
A mysterious costume store that offers a whole new life.
This choice: A woman  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Dr Babbingtree and a Woman

    by: poggles
She had long black hair, held in place with a silver clip, and she was dressed in a red suit with big black buttons, red boots, and black mittens. Dr Babbingtree could see soft white wool lining all of her clothes.

"May I help you, madam?" he asked her.

"Oh, thank you," she smiled, dragging her eyes from the many isles, boxes, and corridors of costumes. "My husband bought me this," she indicated the suit she was wearing, "to wear to a dress-up party. But, as you can see, it was missing a hat."

"I can see," Dr Babbingtree looked at her over his very fancy half-moon spectacles. "So would you be needing a hat, or would you like to try another costume? I have lots, you know."

She glanced down at herself, looking several times fatter than usual, and certainly much fluffier. "Well...what other costumes do you have?" she asked.

"Oh, many, many..." Dr Babbingtree leaned forwards confidentially. "They say," he whispered, "that my store is the biggest in the world."

"O-Oh, I see.." she smiled, and nodded.

"They say," he whispered, "that you can even get lost in here."

She smiled again, but he didn't seem to be paying attention.

"They say," he whispered again, "that the costumes in here are magical. You, madam, could turn into anything or anyone, even teleport to other worlds, if you go down the right corridors wearing the right costumes."

She took a step back. "I-I see. Well..."

Angels and demons scattered everywhere as he leapt to his feet and grabbed her around the wrist. "Come, follow me madam! I will show you costumes better than your wildest dreams!"
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 poggles (UN: poggles789 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1572947-Costume-Store/cid/803889-Dr-Babbingtree-and-a-Woman