*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Chapter 2 B
  2. Baptism of Fire
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1619905-Power-at-a-Price/cid/794163-Chapter-2-B
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1619905
An odd way out of a sticky situation.
This choice: Chapter 2 B  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Chapter 2 B

    by: Clagger
As the burning stone and charred wood begin to rain upon Kyle, he feels a strength, perhaps even a power manifest around him. The wreckage pinning him down is cast away in all directions and Kyle stands unharmed and unshaken. The formerly rampant flames keep their distance, sensing only danger if they stray too close.

Kyle sees all that is happening and doesn't immediately understand. However, he does not need to. He throws his gaze down the burning hall. A lone window outlined by its burning flame is fixed to the other end. Smoke thick enough to consume blinding sunlight hangs to the ceiling and clings to the walls, while fire dances all around it. But it doesn't matter to Kyle anymore. Without any hint of human hesitation, he charges. His advance is so fierce, that the flames he tramples instantly die. The floor beneath him gives way again, but it is not because it threatens to devour him this time. The very ground is being shattered by Kyle's herculean steps. The last remnants of the wild flames retreat as Kyle comes to the hallway's end. Glass and wood fly out of the side of the building. The fire retakes its place in the hall howls out through the broken wall as it climbs towards the ever calm night sky.

The Earth seems to shake as Kyle lands. The drop of eighty feet felt no more violent than a skip to him. He turns to face the fire that threatened to consume his very being. The flames take notice and swirl all around the doomed building; they growl like a cornered beast, but they dare not approach Kyle and retreat into the falling structure. Kyle simply stands looking on, the fire put forth its best effort to destroy him, but he has proven his strength. He has won.

You have the following choices:

1. Chapter 3 B

*Noteb*
2. Custom 3 B

*Noteb*
3. Custom 3 B 2

*Noteb*
4. Custom 3 B 3

*Noteb*
5. Custom 3 B 4

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Clagger (UN: clagger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Clagger has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1619905-Power-at-a-Price/cid/794163-Chapter-2-B