*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Megan Connors
  2. The story begins
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1632846-Problem-Child/cid/1094758-Megan-Connors
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1632846
I start to develop a strange power, what will I do?
This choice: Megan Connors  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Megan Connors

    by: BeeJay
My name is Megan Connors, but most of my friends call me Mech, because I'm so good with electronics. I'm also fairly athletic, so my friends and teachers wish I would join one of our teams. This is the story of how I learned that was completely out of the question.



"I'm more than a little concerned," Dr. Stone said.

For over a week, I'd been burning up with the worst fever imaginable. Nobody could figure it out. There wasn't anything going around, and no antibiotics would help. Finally, my fever broke, and my doctor was giving me the once-over.

"What's the matter, doctor?" my mom asked. "Megan's fever is down, and she says she feels much better."

"So it would seem," he replied. "However, her blood and tissue samples show an abnormally high mineral content. I'd like to find out the cause."

"Mineral content?"

He nodded. "There are high levels of iron and copper in her system. With your permission, I'd like to take her to the hospital for further tests. Besides, if her fever returns, she could be monitored."

I shook my head. "I feel better than ever. I don't want to go to any hospital."

"At least," he said, "if anything happens, let me know."

"Absolutely," Mom said. With that, we left.


That night, I had some pretty strange dreams. I dreamed I was inside a computer program. I dreamed I could see in the dark. I even dreamed I was seeing heat images.

When I woke up, it felt like something was off. Not as bad as when I was sick, but I definitely felt strange.

After my shower, I felt a little better. When I went to brush my teeth, though, I froze.

My teeth were steel.

You have the following choices:

1. Scream

2. Faint

*Noteb*
3. Remain calm

*Noteb*
4. Your choice.

5. Character profiles.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 BeeJay (UN: bartfargo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1632846-Problem-Child/cid/1094758-Megan-Connors