*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Genex Biotechnologies
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1662182-Big-Biotech/cid/863128-Genex-Biotechnologies
by kbob
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1662182
When company develops a size-altering ray, things go awry.
Chapter #1

Genex Biotechnologies

    by: kbob
Had anyone at a different organization suggested it, the Size Modulator had been passed off as science fiction, an idiotic and completely impossible idea. But Genex wasn't like most other companies. Fueled by a combination of brilliant scientific minds and cold, calculating business sense, not to mention some very deep pockets on the part of its investors, the biotech company had made quite a name for itself in a matter of years since its inception.

So when the initial blueprints for the size-altering device were tossed around the drawing board, the question was not 'if', but 'how'. The Size Modulator was conceived originally as a way to make long-distance shipping of large objects much easier by reducing the objects in size for travel and then restoring them to normal when they arrived at their destinations.

But, as with many things, there can a large gap between intent and actuality. With the development of the first prototype of the device, moods were running high. The energy was palpable. And someone had managed to get past the hefty security surrounding the device and get their hands on it. That person was...



[NOTE: A brief aside about the "logistics" of the Size Modulator. As the device uses a beam, anything the individual affected is carrying or wearing changes size along with them. But that doesn't mean they can't take it off later ;) By similar logic, the device itself will change size as well, so long as the person is holding it themselves. This doesn't happen, of course, if it's dropped, used by someone else on them, etc. etc. The more you know!]
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 kbob (UN: sushiboy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
kbob has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1662182-Big-Biotech/cid/863128-Genex-Biotechnologies