*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Rose Petunia
  2. Just Starting Out...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1728659-Geeky-Girls-Gain/cid/1397103-Rose-Petunia
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Teen · #1728659
Geeky girls, who are just lazing around enjoying themselves, increase their waistlines
This choice: Go with "geeky bitchy dyke" Rose  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Rose Petunia

    by: DrywallDryad
Rose really had a thing for Jane Landers.

Not that there were a ton of out girls at this school for her to choose from in the first place. Gretchen was smart, but completely insecure; all she had to do was see her shadow and she was dashing back into the closet like some kind of gay groundhog. Sandy was tough and self-confident, but she was a total jock; making out with her had been a blast, but they'd had nothing else to do after their lips got tired.

But Jane -- Jane was something different. She was a senior, but new to the school--she'd just transferred--and didn't waste any time letting the guys she was initially swarmed with know she wasn't interested. She dressed like a goth hipster, but someone on her it felt--real. Authentic. Like she was dressing like herself, and it was the goths and hipsters imitating her.

She had dark hair and cat's eye glasses, a body like a tennis champion and a knowledge of movie trivia to rival Roger Ebert's. She recognized quotes from Krull, for God's sake!

Rose had never crushed so hard on someone in her life.

The thing was, Jane seemed completely immune to her attempts at flirting. Rose had been dropping hints the way stoners drop classes, but Jane just didn't seem interested.

Screw subtlety. Today Rose was finding out once and for all if she had a shot.

Jane was too busy digging through her locker to have noticed her yet. She was wearing a black hoodie and dark plaid skirt over hiking boots. Hot damn, her legs were fantastic. And her figure; Rose could see her natural athleticism in every movement, even under the baggy sweater. She tugged at the hem of her long-sleeved T-shirt, suddenly very conscious of the way her own stomach formed a sloppy little pooch. Blugh. She sucked it in.

"So, hey, Jane," she said as casually as she could, leaning against the next-door locker.

"Oh, hey, Rose." Jane smiled at her. "What's shaking?"

"Nothing much. Hey, you want to come by over tonight? I just got Marvel vs. Sanrio III."

"Sweet. I call Badtz-Maru."

"If you think he has a chance against Molly Hayes, be my guest." Rose grinned. "And, uh--so--oh, dammit, I'm just gonna ask, okay? Jane, do you wanna go out sometime?"

Jane pursed her lips. "Er..."

"I mean, let's face it, we're the coolest chicks in this school. We practically owe it to each other to hook up, right?"

Jane sighed. "Rose--I'm really sorry, you're an awesome friend, but--"

"But?"

"It's just... you're not really my type."

Rose's face fell. "Come on, it's only a date. I'm not proposing or anything."

"I'm sorry, I just--I don't feel that way about you." Jane mumbled. "It's not your fault. I sorta have weird taste in girlfriends."

"Weird like how?" Rose dropped her voice, but flashed a crooked grin. "'Cause I'm pretty open-minded."

"I sort of like, well--" Jane blushed. "Chubby girls."

"Oh." Rose said. "Oh, I--"

She stopped sucking in her stomach.

"And this isn't chubby enough for you?"

"No, I--I didn't really mean 'chubby'. More like... 'fat'. You're not fat. Honestly, Rose, you're adorable, it really is just me and my weird tastes. Have you tried asking Sandy out?"

Rose punched her locker in frustration. "Dammit, why couldn't you have been here last year? First holiday season since my parents split, I was doing the joint-custody thing and I swear it was like a competition between them who could get the most food into me. I bounced from Mom's house to Dad's house to both sets of grandparents, getting fatter every time. I swear I must have gained thirty pounds that winter."

Jane's eyebrows shot up.

"Seriously! I was freaking huge. I managed to lose most of it; it was a pain in the ass, though, because I got a bunch of new clothes that year that are way too baggy on me now. I mean, I know I've got sort of a pot here, but last January it was out to--"

Rose stopped, hand held motionless in front of her stomach. Jane was staring at her raptly, a blush spreading out her face.

"Oh my god, am I... am I turning you on?" Rose said.

"S-sorry!" Jane stammered. "I know, I'm a total freak."

Rose smiled. "And I think I might be your type after all."

"What do you mean?"

"Like I said, I'm open minded." She put her lips to Jane's ear and whispered huskily. "You say you're into fat chicks? I say, pass the gravy."
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 DrywallDryad (UN: drywalldryad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
eva-dork has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1728659-Geeky-Girls-Gain/cid/1397103-Rose-Petunia