*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1736072-An-Unwanted-Swap
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1736072
The main character undergoes a body swap that is completely unwanted.

The main character undergoes a body swap that is completely unwanted.

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
The main character in this story is a boy whose age is undefined (please make him at least a teenager, though). The character swaps bodies with someone who he either dislikes, or has had a conflict with. The swap could take place by means of magic, a machine, a remote, or anything you like. Just make sure that the swap was either an accident or that the other person swapped with him on purpose. The purpose of this story is for it to be completely undesired, so if he's going to get used to the swap in the end, make sure it takes a while to get to this point.

Most of the details in this story can be defined later on. The characters do not have to be the same in every single branch. For example: The mother could be an evil and mean tyrant of the family in one branch, while she could be a sweet and caring parent in another. The possibilities are endless, so don't think that you need to follow a description that you don't like. I only ask that you don't change a character who has already been defined. If the mother was set as an evil figure in that branch, don't change her personality in that specific branch. That's why there are choices in this type of a story.

A lot of stories have a character list right away, and authors choose from them. I'm not going to add one here right now, due to the fact that every different main character will have a different set of characters. The only set named person will be Matthew Greens, the main character.

I do want to set a few rules and/or suggestions for writing chapters:

1) Be original and creative. This is the most important rule for any story. Please don't copy the words of other people. It's not right, nor is it fun to read the same thing over and over again.
2) Have an appropriate length for each addition. Don't write anything less than two sentences in an addition. It's not fun to have to keep clicking on branches. Also, don't just keep adding "choices" chapters. Having choices available to a story is important, but not more important than actual content. Try to maintain a decent content to choice ratio. I would rather have a story with 50 amazing chapters than a story with 150 chapters that contain mostly "choice" selections.
3) Try to maintain decent grammar. I don't mean that it has to be like a formal English essay, but it should be at least decent. As long as you try your best to form coherent sentences, I can't ask for much more. Just don't use such things as u, i, or, r in place of "You" "I" or "Are". Also, just like rule 2, try to be conscious of sentence and paragraph length. If it sounds like it's going on forever, it probably is.
4) Be wary of content. Although this is rated 18+, don't feel compelled to go into great detail when sex or other "adult" situations are present. And please, please don't describe anything about sex if it has to do with a child. I don't want to read anything about a 9-year old (or even a 14-year old for that matter) having sex or playing with his or her sexual body parts. If you need to describe something like that, a phrase like "an emptiness between the legs" is acceptable. Breasts (or a lack of) are okay to mention, provided that you don't go into detailed descriptions.
5) Try to stay in the second-person or third-person. This means to either use "you" when telling the story, or to act like a narrator. If you were going to use the third-person, it would sound like "Mark did this," or "James ran to the store". If you really can't use this, make sure that any additions branching off from your chapter follow your set format. I really dislike reading stories where the style of narration changes every chapter.
6) Have fun with this. I can't stress how important this is for any story. If you're writing something and you don't like it or feel that it's not entertaining, don't feel compelled to hit the submit button. Just write what you like.

---------------------------------------------------

I wanted to add a little author's note here. This is my first story that I've published here. I don't expect it to be perfect, nor do I even really expect it to go over all that well. I can only say that I enjoy the writing community, and I can't wait to hear what other people have to say about this.

I'm considering this interactive to be my little experiment, which is why I'm only giving the option of a male main character.

The body swapping theme is something that really interests me, and I hope that this story will go over well. I sincerely thank anyone who decides to contribute to this story.
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 18+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1736072-An-Unwanted-Swap