*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Not science fiction
  2. Josh and Bobby
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1749339-Shrink-and-Study/cid/2118957-Not-science-fiction
by Raghp2
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1749339
The prequel to Shrink and Swim. Josh's adventures in college.
This choice: Show Bobby his research  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Not science fiction

    by: Raghp2
Josh watched as Bobby turned and sat down on his bed. Rubbing his arm, Josh wasn't entirely sure about what he was about to do, but he figured if Bobby was going to live with him he was going to find out about his research soon enough anyway.

"Hey Bobby, do you know why they call me a prodigy?" Josh tried to ask casually. Bobby simply leaned back, stretching his shoulders till the rested on the wall his bed was pushed up against.

"Uhh... No, I guess I just heard you were smart?" Bobby asked, frowning and crossing his arms.

"It's more than just that. I actually invented something that only a few people know about." Josh replied, going and sitting on his own bed across the room from Bobby. Bobby sat silently as he watched Josh unzip the backpack on his bed and pull out an almost sci-fi looking ray gun. Bobby rose an eyebrow as he saw Josh set it on his lap.

"What is it? A laser gun or something?" Bobby asked, leaning forward to get a better look. Josh simply shook his head and smiled.

"It's a shrink ray." Josh answered simply, holding it up and admiring his work from a side.

"Pffffft..." Bobby spat, leaning back against the wall once more. "I'm no nerd, but shrink rays aren't real."

"That's why they call me a prodigy. I figured it out." Josh grinned proudly as he lowered the device back down into his lap. Bobby simply rolled his eyes as Josh held up the device and pointed it at his empty back pack. With a bright flash, Bobby sat forward once more to see the backpack seemingly disappear. Standing up, Bobby walked across the room to see Josh reach down and pick up what looked like a tiny speck. Standing up, Josh reached out his hand, putting the tiny speck in Bobby's palm. Looking down closely at it, Bobby was astonished to see it was in fact a teeny tiny backpack.

"Whaaat?" Bobby mumbled as he looked even closer. Averting his eyes from the speck, he looked back down at his short roommate in front of him. "It shrank!"

"Told you." Josh replied with a smile. Taking the tiny backpack out of his roommate's huge hand, Josh set it back down on his bed and pointed the shrink ray at it once more. With another bright flash, Bobby rubbed his eyes before he saw the backpack, back to it's normal size.

"That's awesome! Dude! What else can you shrink?" Bobby asked excitedly as he put a hand on Josh's shoulder. Josh smiled, glad to see he was in to it now that he's really seen it.

"Anything really, but this is just a prototype... so it might still have some limitations." Josh replied as he turned and looked up at Bobby's excited face.

"Can you shrink people?" Bobby asked looking down at Josh, trying to hide some of his excitement. Josh bit his lip. In truth that's what the device was ultimately designed for, but he wasn't entirely sure if it was ready for that.

"It should be able to... I'm just not sure if it's completely ready for that kind of test yet..." Josh said with caution as he moved away slightly from Bobby. "We could try if you really wanted to?"

"Awesome! Lemme see it!" Bobby replied, quickly grabbing the ray from Josh's hand. Josh was a little surprised, as he thought for a moment that they'd be testing it on Bobby, not himself. Before Josh could get a word in, there was a bright flash and Josh had to shield his eyes. Blinking his eyes slightly, Josh regained his vision once more as he looked up in astonishment. His once already intimidatingly huge roommate suddenly became a literal giant before his eyes. Unsure if he should panic and run away or just stare up at Bobby in awe, he barely had time to decide as his now colossal roommate knelt down reaching for him in what almost seemed like purposeful slow motion. Unable to have a say in the ordeal, Josh found himself in Bobby's massive palm, being lifted up past his chiseled abdomen and chest until finally reaching his gigantic handsome face. Bobby smiled, showing off his rows of perfect white teeth, and suddenly Josh felt more intrigued than he did scared.

"Wow... this is amazing..." Josh spoke softly while he took in every characteristic of Bobby's face. Meanwhile, Bobby simply turned and sat down on Josh's bed, still holding his tiny roommate at about face level.

"You'll have to speak louder than that, little guy!" Bobby spoke at about a normal speaking level for himself. To Josh his voice boomed across him, much louder than he was accustomed. Never the less, Josh nodded his head, figuring he'd have to practically yell for the huge man to hear him.

"I was just saying how cool this is!" Josh yelled up at his roommate, still impressed in his invention's ability to shrink him down as accurately as it does inanimate objects. Being the first time he's ever been shrunk down personally, Josh knew this was a great experience that he couldn't wait to document. "I'd like to go back to normal size now though, so I can record my experience!"

Bobby frowned and shrugged. Turning his body, he set Josh down on his own desk and reached for the shrink ray. Setting the switch in reverse, Bobby pointed the device at Josh and...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Josh regrew

2. Nothing happened

*Noteb*
3. Bobby stopped

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Raghp2 (UN: raghp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raghp2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1749339-Shrink-and-Study/cid/2118957-Not-science-fiction