*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1750773-Cursed-to-be-Female/cid/1052740-What-a-Horrible-Night-to-Have-a-Curse
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1750773
Turning into the "fairer sex" turns out to be not that fair after all.
Chapter #1

What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse

    by: Phound14
It is said that all dark and evil things must take place at night, in order to avoid the power of the sun defending against evil. Well, that is not true at all, but doing dark stuff at night just has the right atmosphere.

As cliche as it was, it was in fact a dark and stormy night, but the winds were mostly calm in the forest where Marie was. It was a sight, a teenage girl, almost boringly average in most respects such as hair, figure, and clothing, alone in the forest at night with a stormy background. The only odd thing about her was the dirty and beat up sack she carried on her back. Many would say that she was incredibly unsafe right then. But Marie would disagree, she had never felt more safe.

Soon, she stumbled upon the tree that she had heard about, an old willow that would seem more at home at a swamp than the forest right outside of town. The bark was full and black, leaves were a color in between jungle green and hospital gray.

Marie took out a straw doll, with a face too dark to see. She held it up to the tree, and then with a mallet and nail produced from her bag, started to drive it into the tree.

*Whack* *Whack* *WHACK*

On the third strike the doll was stuck to the tree. On the other side of town, Adam was startled awake, by a pain in his heart, accompanied by the crash of thunder. Almost instantly, the pain went away and he collapsed back to sleep.

Back at the tree, Marie took out an identical second doll, and what she did with it right then is unknown to everyone except her and the willow tree.

You have the following choices:

1. Adam has a weird dream

2. Adam wakes up

3. Follow Adam's Sister

4. Other

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Phound14 (UN: phound14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Phound14 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1750773-Cursed-to-be-Female/cid/1052740-What-a-Horrible-Night-to-Have-a-Curse