*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Summer Blues
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1763854-Summer-Gaining/cid/1079074-Summer-Blues
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1763854
Tom and Eric just graduated high school and their summer becomes lazy and full of food
Chapter #1

Summer Blues

    by: black angel
Tom sat alone in his room. The only source of light was his television flickering with images. Tom sat as a solemn island in his cluttered room. Candy bar wrappers and empty potato-chip bags surrounded him. Tom stared without signs of conscious thought at the television screen as he mechanically grabbed another handful of chips and stuffed his face.

This had been going on for two weeks now. Tom had just recently graduated high school and was spending his summer in a near vegetative state. You see the day following graduation, Tom's high school sweetheart, Amber, ended their two year long relationship. Needless to say, Tom was depressed. He now sat wallowing in his own filth, without bathing or changing his clothes for two weeks. His parents had been out of town during this time and weren't due back until the end of June.

In high school, Tom was the star football player. He was always the muscular type and had now grown to be 6' 2". Tom's arms and thighs were like tree trunks his senior year. His abs were once flawlessly sculpted. Though after several weeks of chilling, they began to fade a little. Overall, Tom was a big guy. Tom had short brown hair that he normally spiked and pale blue eyes. His family wasn't super rich, but they were well off and could usually afford nicer things. Thus, Tom didn't have to work.

Tom's semi-conscious state was broken by his cell phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Tommy boy! It's me, Eric! How the hell are you?"

Since middle school, Tom and Eric had been best friends. Eric was 6' 7" and thin as a pole. He had never been the sporty type like Tom. In fact, the only thing the two ever really had in common was their massive appetites. They spent a good portion of their time together at a local diner. Eric, having always been skinny, could eat the way he did and still be lazy without gaining a pound. Tom on the other hand had to diligently workout to keep the pounds off.

"Dude! I haven't seen you in weeks," Tom exclaimed, "How was France?"

"It was awesome man. I got back last week," Eric said, "I asked around for you and everyone said that you were locked away in your room."

Mark sat silently for a little bit, "Yeah, this whole Amber thing has really hit me hard. Plus, it's summer, I can veg for a while."

"C'mon dude, she's just a chick. There are plenty more fish in the see," Eric says trying to comfort, "Hey! I know what will lift your spirits, a nice burger feast at Jimmy's."

Tom laughed.

"Oh come on big guy. I know you can't say to Jimmy's 1 pound special," Eric continued.

"Oh alright," Tom agreed finally.

At the Diner...

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Tom finds that Eric has actually put on some weight

2. Tom and Eric have an eating contest

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 black angel (UN: angel777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
black angel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1763854-Summer-Gaining/cid/1079074-Summer-Blues