*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Beginning of The End
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1778017-Nothing-Lasts-Forever/cid/1109807-The-Beginning-of-The-End
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Death · #1778017
What happens when you keep losing your hero? You just keep making new ones!
Chapter #1

The Beginning of The End

    by: Paradoxical
90 years he'd been climbing those stairs. Felt just the same that day. He could hear the laughter of Kieran downstairs, playing in the garden. Great grand-children. Who'd have thought with the way he'd lived, old Alan would have lived to see that.

"Dinner won't be long," Jane shouted from downstairs.

Cheers erupted from the living room as the home team got on top.

A faint happiness invaded his mind as he headed upstairs, clouding his vision. He didn't notice the plastic dinosaur on the step, and his weak grip on the handrail couldn't keep his weight from shifting over the precipice. As he tipped backwards, the morning sunlight caught his eyes through the skylight. He felt warm.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Paradoxical (UN: rabidbaboon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Paradoxical has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1778017-Nothing-Lasts-Forever/cid/1109807-The-Beginning-of-The-End