*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Athlete
  2. Let the Games Begin!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1795728-Olympia-2020/cid/1153694-Athlete
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sports · #1795728
Come to Rome for the 32nd Summer Olympiad!
This choice: An athlete  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Athlete

    by: Elisa the Bunny Stik
The break from training and the Olympic Village feels great. On top of that, you haven't been mobbed by fans wanting an autograph or anything like that. You know this won't last, though. It's the last day before the Olympics, and people keeping pouring into Rome. Many of them are in the city to see you perform, but you can't let that get to you too much. While you are known in your sport for your achievements, the Olympic stage is a much different place. This message beats in your head like a drum, taking on a variety of voices: your coach, your teammates, your friendly rivals and even some fans who you know (or at least think) tell you with only the best intentions.

Before you slip too deep into thought, your cell phone rings. One of your teammates is calling, and your curiosity drives you to answer more than anything. After finding out that the coaches have been looking for you, you state that you're in the Piazza della Repubblica.This also prompts you to admit that you left your camera behind, which is kind of a bummer given how you really won't have any time to take pictures of the city once the Olympics get under way. The caller chuckles and agrees to bring your camera over in exchange for having lunch in the nearby area. You agree, partly because you don't want to get too much more introspective.

By the time your teammate arrives, a few other people have decided to tag along for the ride. You all decide to hang out in the plaza for a bit and take silly pictures by the fountains. This is one of those times you don't mind being in front of the lens, as you're not doing anything pertaining to your sporting career. Even behind the lens, you find yourself laughing loud enough to almost be heard over the traffic It isn't until one of your friends falls in the fountain that your group opts to call it quits to grab some food.

Given how all of you are still training and will be dealing with drug tests in the next few days, you opt out of enjoying a famous Italian wine with your luxurious lunch that manages to span four courses. As your group splits two small desserts, your phone chimes with a text from your coach advising of a training change. You sigh when you realize you'll be going to bed super early tonight. After all, the Games are not just fun and games for those competing. You've worked so hard over the years for this one chance, so if there's a training change you go with it. You mention this to your teammate, who nods and agrees that it's a bummer. Still, you decide you'll make the most of your time in the city before heading back to the Olympic Village.

The question is, what's your sport?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Swimming

*Noteb*
2. Athletics (Track and Field)

*Noteb*
3. Football (soccer)

*Noteb*
4. Tennis

*Noteb*
5. Basketball

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1795728-Olympia-2020/cid/1153694-Athlete