*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Press Corps
  2. Let the Games Begin!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1795728-Olympia-2020/cid/1154176-Press-Corps
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sports · #1795728
Come to Rome for the 32nd Summer Olympiad!
This choice: A press corps member  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Press Corps

    by: Elisa the Bunny Stik
You just didn't think you'd end up at the Olympics in this capacity. Not that being a member of the press at the Olympics isn't excited. It's just that you always daydreamed about being on the track in front of the cameras. Being behind them, though, is hard work. While you haven't trained quite like these athletes have, your day is just as long. You're also working more days. You know this will be one of the most intense assignments of your career and can't afford to drop the ball at any point. Even time spent idling in a city plaza requires a small part of your brain to be on the job. Glancing around, you don't see any notable athletes in the area, but the place is large enough for anyone to hide in broad daylight. Combine that with the mid-afternoon traffic that has shaped Rome in the 21st Century, and it becomes apparent to you that you can miss a story very easily.

A chiming sound floats from your pocket. Fumbling, you manage to grab your phone and find a text from one of your colleagues letting you know there's a situation at one of the venues. It takes you a couple minutes to figure out where it is, and you realize you're not that far away. You fire a text back saying you can get there right away and request more details. The response seems to take forever, as you're already striding out of the plaza. While waiting for your colleague to respond, you text your assistant to bring some more equipment to the location while you go stake out a spot. You're not sure how many other press corp members are in this part of the city, but you have a feeling you'll be among the first, especially since you can walk to the venue. You just hope your Italian can pass muster.

Once you arrive, you find a handful of press corps members are already there, but you still have a good vantage point. A little eavesdropping nets intelligence about an athlete being injured during a routine exercise. While waiting for the police and venue officials to either provide a statement or allow anyone inside to take a look, you pull up some notes about this venue on your phone and find an earlier article discussing some equipment issues encountered during testing. Intrigued, you don't look up until someone taps you on the shoulder. It's your assistant with the equipment you requested. You thank him and go over the gist of the event while getting set up. There are more members of the press filing in, and you're glad you got here when you did.

Your role determines what you need for this big story. What will you choose?

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Photographer

*Noteb*
2. News Reporter

*Noteb*
3. TV Camera Crew

*Noteb*
4. Blogger

*Noteb*
5. Local Gossip Columnist

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Elisa the Bunny Stik (UN: soledad_moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elisa the Bunny Stik has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1795728-Olympia-2020/cid/1154176-Press-Corps