*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1815943-Shrink-and-Swim/cid/2443251-Mister-Formal
by Raghp2
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1815943
Josh is the owner of new water park called Shrink and Swim.
This choice: Chad  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Mister Formal

    by: Raghp2
"Yeah Chad was the name." Tyler answered looking down at Josh's list. "What's his application like?"

"He's ex-military. Looks like he was trained in a lot of emergency first aid and CPR which is great." Josh looked at his list of skills still impressed by the resume.

"Well whatever, dude. You better hurry and meet the guy!" Tyler rushed Josh, pushing him along toward the interviewing room. "He's been waiting for ya!"

Josh ran along side Tyler making his way to the room. Josh simply turned to his friend who gave him a thumbs up, as Josh went through the door. Josh opened into the massive room, having to take it all in for a moment. Josh stood on a small balcony across from a massive chair where he saw his first take of this new giant, Chad. Josh approached the front of the balcony ready to address the man as he took in his appearance.

He was what you'd expect from an ex-military type guy. Short buzzed brown hair and deep look brown eyes, even from Josh's distance. He wore a tight black shirt and long green cargo pants, shirt tucked into the the waist. He definitely had his fair share of handsome features, with a strong dependable looking face with light scruff and a chiseled looking jaw line. Josh drew his attention to the man's tight shirt which bulged with muscle, clearly he was very well trained in his time in the military.

"Chad?" Josh spoke up as the huge man's eyes looked toward Josh immediately. "Sorry I'm late, my name is Josh, I'll be conducting your interview."

"No worries, sir." Chad said formally. "I think I was a little early anyway, sir."

Josh was immediately a little shocked by just how formal the man was. He wasn't sure how to handle it, but it was at least some what refreshing compared to the dude's and bro's he was used to being called by the rest of his staff. "Early is good though! I appreciate the effort. Now then, what do you know about Shrink and Swim?"

"I know that it uses a shrink ray of sorts of make all the guests tiny, sir." Chad answered, clearly doing some research before just dropping off his application. "I guessed my interviewer might have been tiny based off the little balcony you're standing on."

"Fantastic, very observant." Josh complimented the man. "That's a good skill when watching over guests. It could save a life."

"Thank you, sir." Chad received the compliment almost robotically.

"There's not need to be too formal, by the way." Josh tried to loosen the almost stiff man up a bit. "We're very relaxed here. I almost prefer it when my employees refer to me informally."

"Oh sorry, sir... errr... umm..." Chad looked at a loss for what to call Josh. Josh merely shrugged, not meaning for it to be a big deal.

"We'll work on it." Josh simply said for now. "Just speak comfortably."

"Alright, I'll try." Chad smiled, trying to drop his seriousness a bit.

"Excellent." Josh commented. "Why don't you tell me a bit of your experience with first aid or CPR."

"Ummm..." Chad shifted in his chair slightly as Josh watched his twist his tight torso sightly, exposing a strong set of abs through his tight shirt. Josh bit his lip as he focused back at Chad's face as he continued. "I had to undergo basic medical training for the military. CPR was a part of it. Thankfully I never really had to use any of it aside from small stuff."

"That is good to hear, but the knowledge is there." Josh tried to pay the massive man another complement, hoping to get him to be a little more comfortable.

"Can I ask you a question?" Chad looked at Josh closely.

"Of course, that's part of how interviews work." Josh smiled professionally.

"Do you choose to be small like that all the time?" Chad asked bluntly. "I mean it seems dangerous. Like I could crush you without even trying."

Josh was a little taken aback, not really sure what to say before Chad reared back and apologized. "I'm sorry sir, that was way out of line."

"No no." Josh tried to legitimize the question. "I get asked things like that a lot. Being this size is just convenient for me, but convenience does come at a dangerous cost every once in awhile."

"Well I'd protect you, sir." Chad blushed very slightly for a moment. "I just don't like seeing people get hurt."

"I appreciate it." Josh smiled, feeling like it was an awkward, yet genuinely sweet gesture.

- - -

The interview went on for awhile long. Josh felt like he definitely got a good grasp of who Chad was. In the end Josh made a decision that...

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Raghp2 (UN: raghp at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raghp2 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1815943-Shrink-and-Swim/cid/2443251-Mister-Formal