*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1819483-Werewolf-love-story/cid/2297126-Arthur
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1819483
many people have furry love stories and anime love stories but not a werewolf love story
This choice: Arthur.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Arthur.

    by: Unknown
From the sky the eagle swooped, extending its talons. As soon as it touched the waters of the Sul river, the eagle immediately pulled up, carrying away its prize, a squirming, wet fish. Standing on the riverbank, dressed in rags, a bucket in his right hand, Arthur Tepper watched this scene with awe.

He took a gulp of the fresh and cool morning air, watching the first rays of the sun reach over the mountain range.

Yup, there was nothing more beautiful than Mother Nature. Crouching, the young man dipped his bucket into the slow-moving water. He carried the full bucket up the hill, walking on a path that led towards a small log cabin, which had smoke pouring from its chimney.

As he approached Arthur could hear loud thumbing noises. Herman Tepper, Arthur's uncle, a man with a unkempt brown beard and hair, dressed in animal skins he tailored himself, was busy splitting wood. He looked up when he heard his nephew.

"Got the water you wanted," said Arthur.

Herman nodded, saying: "Good. Throw it in the pot on the stove."

Living here deep in the woods, miles away from civilization, in a cabin nestled between tall pine trees where there was no running water or electricity, life was different. Many might call it rough and barbaric, but Arthur felt right at home here.

It was also the only place he could come after his transformation into a wolf, to a family member which not only welcomed him but also inherited the same curse of turning into a beast when the moon was full.

He always did this, staying there for a few days, helping his uncle with his day-to-day life, chairing vegetables and fruits from his garden, canning meat, fetching him water from the river and chopping wood for a fire.

After two days he would make his way back to Stockhill where he lived with his aunt, who knew what he was but, fortunately, didn't suffer the curse. But, as Arthur was throwing the water in the pot, the young man with his brown and curly hair highly doubt he would be returning home soon.

Even though he lost some of his memory after his transformation, Arthur could still remember vividly what happen almost a week ago. He must have scared the living daylight out of his girlfriend. For many months he wished he could tell her what he was, but Arthur feared how Pamela would react.

Of course his uncle wasn't too happy when he told him what happened that night.

"You're stupid, boy!" he scolded that night after Arthur arrived at his doorstep, naked, which wasn't a odd thing for a person that was a werewolf.

"Our kind and normal people don't mix," he continued, "You should have left that town as soon as you finished your schooling, not go off forming a relationship with a human. Remember the rules, Arthur."

And yes, werewolves did have rules, and the main one was never to be discovered. Arthur respected this one. He didn't want to know what would happen if the government found out about them. No, it was best that they remained as nothing but myth and legend.

Herman's way of keeping to rule involved living in complete isolation. He could do this with ease, for he was a lone wolf, but Arthur couldn't. The young man found that he craved human contact.

Even now, as he was standing in the doorway of the cabin, looking to the south the way he came, he felt a ache in his heart being so far away from Pamela. He really wished she could be his mate.

"Arthur!" Herman called.

Arthur went around the house.

"Yes," he said.

Herman gave his nephew the axe, saying: "Chop the rest of the wood for me. I'm going up the hill to check if anyone's coming."

Ever since Arthur arrived here, Herman went up the hill a few miles away with a pair of binoculars, one of the few modern equipment he had. From there you could see quite a distance, the perfect spot for scouting. His uncle was most likely afraid that the local authorities would arrive.

Arthur was afraid, too. He had been gone for quite some time, and he was sure that even his aunt would be worried about him. He hoped that they would never find him. Arthur was thinking of going back, after the heat died down, finding Pamela and confession what he. He hoped that she would except him.

Taking up the axe, he began to split the wood.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Meanwhile, somewhere further north...

*Noteb*
2. Brown.

3. Pamela.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
rennat45 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1819483-Werewolf-love-story/cid/2297126-Arthur