*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The 'Bee' System.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1833003-Medieval-Spelling-Bee/cid/1239917-The-Bee-System
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Contest · #1833003
A way of population Reduction, A test of smarts, and endurance, and bloody, gory fun
Chapter #1

The 'Bee' System.

    by: Sebastian
Let’s start out with how it happened shall we.
December 21, 2012. - To present.
The world waits as the end of the world doomsday comes near. Millions of people sell their belongings give their money to a failing government, or kill themselves because the end of the world is too much to handle. The rest of the world screeches to a halt as stock prices plummet worse than the Black Tuesday in 1929. The United States forces the military to try and gain control of the world in chaos but their efforts fail miserably. As the hours draw near of when the world is supposed to end the world becomes silent. A deathly silence fills the air as the comet that is supposed to strike comes ever closer. The comet is visible and it looks like a dead hit. As the last moments draw near it is realized that this death causing comet is going to miss. The society factor crumbles. People go on rampages through cities destroying everything in sight. The governments panic and launch a full scale attack on the innocents of the world. Most cities get leveled to nuclear waste by the end of the seventh year of the world war. When the reserves run out the governments crumble and a new age rises out of the ashes. The system catches on as the world rebuilds itself. The people who started the system called it the Bureaucratic Energized Elimination System. As the New cities raise out of the ashes of the old ones the 'Bee' System rises to power as the new government. The way the system works is simple, or that's what they told us. The cities are designed for the best of their residents. The 'Farms' in the outlying areas of the 'Cities' support the city way of life. People are allowed to roam free as the system improves. The same laws that made the old Democratic system a failure are still in effect, any crime committed is punishable by the Spelling Bee. It may not sound scary of how the 'Bee' system decided on punishing the people but when it was explained it sent shivers down the back of the innocents. It was planned on staying just for the legal system but as the 'Bee' System took off the population boomed. The planet went from a little shy of 3 billion, to well over 25 billion in less than 100 years. They opened the Spelling Bee to the public; the game that was meant for the criminals only was now free for volunteering. People didn’t want to volunteer for something so wicked so the officials that ran the Bee started handing out lots to the citizens over the age of eighteen. The system was force to start having the Spelling Bee once a month in attempts to lower the population. The Spelling Bee became famous around the world and people would pay to have it televised and then streamed to their homes live. The system began to expand so did its numbers. The date of the bee was set for the 16 of every month and it would last until the 26. The 'Bee' officials said that there was a way to win the Spelling Bee but they weren’t allowed to disclose the wild torture of the games inner workings to the public.
The Spelling Bee was simple to understand. Every contestant was entered, given an I.Q. test and then ranked appropriately. The groups would go based on their I.Q. they were given words that they should know how to spell and if they spelled it wrong they were disqualified, which in the case of the Spelling Bee this meant death. The group spelling would start out with the word and then the person who raised their flag first was given the chance to spell it while the other contestants hoped they failed. If the person got the word right the group was given another word and one by one they would but the players up to the next level. The problem with the Spelling Bee was that there were 25 words to the group of 100. 75 of the contestants were going to die. When the Spelling Bee started the 75 of the contestants were always criminals. But as the number of the prison population decreased and the world population increased the number of innocents dying increased. The system was corrupted but without an army to defy the 'Bee' officials that games continued to go on. The month of rest always happened in December. The Spelling Bee would end November 26, and then it would continue on January 16th of the following year.
My name Is Lisa J. Carbaron and the Date is December 25th. 2306. And this is my tale Of the Spelling bee.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Sebastian (UN: senital at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sebastian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1833003-Medieval-Spelling-Bee/cid/1239917-The-Bee-System