*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Mifflemix Mistweeze Zipple
  2. Character Options
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1856570-Gluttony-and-Glory-Adventuress-WG/cid/1300217-Mifflemix-Mistweeze-Zipple
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1856570
Female adventurers discover a glittering, golden hoard... of calories.
This choice: Mifflemix Mistweeze Zipple  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Mifflemix Mistweeze Zipple

    by: Unknown
Mifflemix Mistweeze Zipple, better known as Miffie to her mother and master in the arcane arts, the legendary human mage Kara Skyrider, was currently doing her best to study her newest spell.

As far as spells went, it was a bit mundane, being a simple transformation spell.

Reading the words again, Miffie nodded, standing up to her full height of one foot and spoke the words out loud.

In a flash the tiny pixie was now a blue-feathered duck.

"Well, that was easy," Miffie muttered.

She knew why she was now dealing with entry level spells when she was at least an intermediate level mage.

It had all started with the cupcakes...

Kara was well aware of her daughter's sweet tooth and so kept her away from human-sized portions. But her diligence could only extend so far, especially once she was called away to deal with a rampaging dragon.

Miffie had flown towards the town bakery and noticed the multitude of cupcakes, her mouth watering.

She wanted them now!

Unfortunately, the bakery was closed for the evening so Miffie resorted to the latest spell her master had taught her.

What was to be a single burst of focused energy to slice through the metal lock ended up blasting half the bakery away. Luckily there had been no people inside but Miffie lost her chance at trying the cupcakes and had been punished by Kara with going back to square one with magic lessons.

It had shamed Miffie, shamed her mother, and shamed her taste-buds, because she really did want those muffins.

Still, the worst part was the look of sorrow in her mother's eyes.

Kara had found Miffie as a baby pixie and raised her like a daughter and to see the woman she saw as both mother and mentor suffer because of what she did hurt worse than all of the rest of her suffering combined.

Still, their relationship was improving and now, a full six months since the cupcake incident, things were almost back to normal.

Miffie was drawn out of her thoughts by her mother entering her chamber, Miffie again drawn to how ageless she looked, appearing the same now as she did all those decades ago.

Kara Skyrider had long black hair, serious dark eyes, and lips that belied the seriousness in her gaze. She was often smiling or joking and it was this part of her more than any other that Miffie had imitated.

Slim and toned, Kara looked more like a warrior than a mage, but she often told Miffie that appearances were nothing. What mattered was the inner self.

Smiling as she approached, Kara gently picked up Miffie.

"You've been doing so well in your studies I believe a reward is in order."

"Are we going to resume my more advanced training?"

"No, I was thinking more of a treat, something you love."

Miffie wriggled around in her palm, smiling as Kara pointed her free hand towards the table. With a blast of energy, a large cupcake appeared, topped with chocolate frosting.

It was large even to Kara's eyes and she smiled as her daughter's joy.

"Now don't eat too much of it at once Miffie, alright?"

"Don't worry mother, I won't!"

She flew towards the table and chomped a chunk out of the cupcake.

Yes, Miffie thought as she continued to eat, things are definitely looking up for me.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
DrywallDryad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1856570-Gluttony-and-Glory-Adventuress-WG/cid/1300217-Mifflemix-Mistweeze-Zipple