*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. In Which Edna Plots Her Revenge
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1872173-Revenge-of-the-Geek-Gal/cid/1357161-In-Which-Edna-Plots-Her-Revenge
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Other · #1872173
Edna has been pushed around for too long. Revenge came in the form of a size device...
Chapter #1

In Which Edna Plots Her Revenge

    by: Spiral-and-Twist
It was a calm, normal night in the town of Quiet Rock, the little villa nary having a populace of a thousand people. A bright, full moon casted it's glow of silver light upon a young teenage girl that stormed into her home seething with anger and covered in sewage. This young girl happened to be named Edna McCoy, and her last sane nerve had just snapped...

"How was the mall, dearie?"A female voice called out from the kitchen.

"FUCKIN'. TERRIBLE."

Into the kitchen went Edna's soaked form, her clothes stinking of rot and covered in an odd green slime that clung to every last inch of her, her face scrunched up into that of pure rage. The voice that had called out earlier happened to be her mother, and she raised a quizzical eyebrow at her daughter."What happened to you?"She asked, returning to cooking dinner for her family of three. The husband would not be there that night, for he was much too busy poisoning himself with alcohol at a local bar just after his divorce. He was happy about it too.

"Heather fucking Miles. That's what happened."Edna replied as she grabbed a towel from the counter and tried her very best to wipe away the filth that seemed to have taken a liking to being glued to her skin."I was hanging out with my friends, enjoying some of that gross food court junk..."She growled as a large, unknown black clump was yanked out of the mass of red frizz she called hair."When Heather fucking Miles decides to tell a couple of her dumb jock boy toys to throw a bucket of garbage on me. I didn't even know where they got it from!"She screeched in pain as she ripped off one of the custarded pieces of goop from her forearm. Her mother's face was still questioning, but she remained silent as she pulled meat loaf from the oven."I just don't know what to do with you, Edna..."She mumbled, returning to a mindless humming tune to further block out any conversation with her troubled daughter. It had always been like this ever since the divorce. Edna would come home with a problem, and Laura would ignore it. She only believed in a happy world and happy stuff with her happy children, like her son, Ralph. He was always doing well in sports.

With a sigh and an angered expression, Edna stomped off towards her only sanctuary, the basement. Nobody else would bother her in there. On the way to her place of seclusion, her brother slid by her in the hallway, almost gagging and vomiting at the smell coming from her. That got her to smile a bit."Sweet freakin' Christ, what happened to you?!"Ralph said, covering his mouth and nose with his hand, tears of pain about to roll down his face."Heather. Fucking. Miles."Was all she replied before pulling the door to the basement open, entering, and slamming it shut, the distinct sound of a lock clicking echoing in her wake.

She clicked on a naked lightbulb, the artificial yellow glow illuminating the innards of her workshop, dust motes lazily floating in and out of the light produced. A pile of abandoned comics and manga filled one corner, a workbench with various tool and appliances took up one wall. This was her goal. She approached it slowly, as if almost in reverence. What laid on this table was the fruit of many toiling months in dark and all of her anger combined into one hope. Despite the heat of the underground dwelling, she felt almost relaxed as her hand picked up a small device in the shape of a child's toy pistol, shiny chrome in color and cool to the touch, on the side, two buttons and two dials corresponding to those buttons. She grinned almost wickedly as she held it up to the light, examining it as a prize won."Heather Miles...."She whispered to herself before whipping around and pulling the trigger of the gun, a bright green beam erupting from the barrel and blasting the pile of comics. In a flash, they were gone.

Edna walked over to where the pile had once been, bent down, and picked up what seemed to be a bunch of books meant to be held by a doll.

"...You are fucked."She grinned.

----------

The Very Next Day

"Hey, Edna..."

The geek girl looked up from her locker to see her best friend smiling down sympathetically at her. Ruthie Hayes, Edna's best and closest, and possibly only friend since kindergarten. Throughout the horrible years, she had always been there for Edna and stood up for her whenever she couldn't herself.

"Oh, hey Ruthie..."Edna replied, casually adjusting her purse, making sure the precious contents inside was safe.

"You okay?"Her eyes worriedly examined Edna."You always wear that shirt when you're depressed."

Edna looked down to see a black shirt with Death Note written across it in bold white letters. She also wore some tight shorts and flip flops, very odd for her usual ensemble, but today would be an unusual day.

"I know. But, I promise, I'm fine."She cracked a fake grin.

Ruthie crossed her arms, a mischievous smile playing across her lips."Are you just trying to convince me you're fine? 'Cause y'know, it's not working very well for ya."

"Trust me,"Edna shrugged and began walking, her much taller friend following behind. The smaller girl easily worked her way through the crowd of students, her goal just a few yards away. It was a few minutes before first bell, but a few minutes was all she need to enact her plan."I believe today is going to be better than last night, a whole lot better..."She almost cackled as she came upon Heather and her group of follow-arounds leaning against some lockers.

The diva locked down at the short girl with a smirk, easily almost a whole torso and head taller than her."Hey there, Edna."She greeted with a smirk with her plump pink-coated lips, blowing an equally pink bubble and popping it before continuing chewing her gum."Weird...you don't smell like shit today."

That sent the entire group of Heather's girls into an uproar.

"I just wanted to give you a chance to apologize."Edna replied monotonously, her hand slowing inching towards her purse.

"Apologize?"Heather mimicked the word as cruelly as possible, spitting it out along with her wad of gum at Edna's face."I'm not apologizing for anything. In fact, you should apologize to me for walking up like you actually have something important to say."

Another roar of giggles. Heather settled them down with a wave of her finely manicured hand.

Edna wiped the gum off, smiled as sweetly as he could, and reached into her bag."I was so hoping you were going to say that..."She slowly pulled out her size changing device, and Heather's eyes widened in fear."You...brought a gun to school?!"She screeched just as the bell for first period rang. Nobody would hear her over the ringing and the sound of the crowd. Edna had the perfect shot.

"Oh, it's not just any gun....it's a SIZE gun."
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Spiral-and-Twist (UN: spiralwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spiral-and-Twist has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1872173-Revenge-of-the-Geek-Gal/cid/1357161-In-Which-Edna-Plots-Her-Revenge