*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The World of Argol
  2. Welcome to the kingdom!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1902857-Kingdoms/cid/2661298-The-World-of-Argol
by Fatboy
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1902857
You are born the king of a kingdom. But what shall be the fate of this nation? Decide!
This choice: Custom Name(Include in title of next chapter)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

The World of Argol

    by: Unknown
The sun rose high above the kingdom. It was a lovely place, full of life, energy, people, and creatures of all kinds! But most importantly, it was a happy land. There was a large walk around the kingdom, and if one went through the gates they would see a long winding road that led up the hill to Argolin castle.

Along this road, carts and horses went back and forth. Many, smaller paths went away and led to rows and rows of huts, shops, and houses. There was a wide river that lazily ran along the eastern side of the city. Trees grew and animals flourished.

Inside the enormous castle, lived the leader of this village. His name was Marrin. Marrrin was a wizard, who was very old and was no longer able to cast the enchantments he once conjured. His old age had left him bed-ridden and grey. Also in the great castle, were the armies and weapons of Argol.

But outside this paradise, were great forces of darkness. Any Argolian caught outside the gates would never return. The evil queen Amber. She was usually busy hunting for her long lost crown of fate, and conjuring up new and vile beings. She was incredibly powerful. Legend had it that the crown she once dawned could make great balls of fire, and transform into the wearer into a dragon, or something far more powerful.

Queen Amber needed to reunite with her lost crown. It was the source of her destructive powers. If she did, even Marrin himself wouldn’t be able to match half her strength. Without out it, she was still fierce, but easily kept at bay by the defenses of Argol.

Amber once had a great army that conquered all the land. Within it were goblins, trolls, dragons, and her three daughters (each have a nickname that the Argols call them), who did her bidding and rained down evil:

- Cassius, (Sorceress) the eldest. Cassius was of equal size to Emmarus. She was the smartest, and most wise. She took after her mother, conjuring up spells from levitating, to shields, to magical swords.

- Emmarus, (Enchantress) the middle child. She was incredibly gifted at illusions. She could make a person see whatever she wanted and could play with minds.

- And finally, Princess Ava. (Gargantuess) Ava was the youngest, but she rose high above the others, at an awe-inspiring height. An army of a thousand elves would tremble before her. Using her formidable and incredible size, she could squash, wrestle, or use a sword to devastate anyone who faced her. The sister who was strongest, and by far the most muscular, who was capable of hurling boulders and crushing villages with her body.

Which path will you take, using these characters?
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Fatboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1902857-Kingdoms/cid/2661298-The-World-of-Argol