*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1909774-Random-Stories/cid/1757862-Welcome-to-Wonderland
Rated: E · Interactive · Other · #1909774
Just a compilation of random stories.
This choice: Random  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Welcome to Wonderland

    by: SaJoker
At first you were stunned to see the giant land of chess on the other side of the the door. Many hills scattered before you covered with what seemed to be red and white grass, all layered out like the squares of a chessboard.

"How did we get here?" You ask Shadow. "What is this place."

"The land of chess, my dear," says a woman who seemed to appear out of nowhere. You wonder how it's possible that you didn't notice her sooner, as she is wearing the most striking red dress and a ruby encrusted crown.

"Who are you?" You ask.

The woman instantly disappears and re-appears behind you again.

"I'm the Red Queen," she replies. "And you are interrupting the game, so please leave the chess board."

"Shadow, what's going on here?"

You look at your friend, waiting for an answer. You then notice that he's dressed only in white, which is unusual for him since he's usually in black.

"What are you wearing?"

"Look, I can't explain it to you right now because . . . AAAAAA!!!!"

Shadow suddenly disappears before your very eyes, and you know who is to blame as you watch the red queen raise her perfectly manicured hand.

"What did you do?" You demand angrily. "Where's my friend."

"Calm yourself, darling," she tells you. "He'll return once the game is over. Of course, that may take a while since his rank still has a queen as well."

"You'd better explain to me what's going on or things are gonna get ugly."

"Alright, darling, if you insist. You are in chessland, a divided kingdom in wonderland. Your friend joined the game years ago as a bishop, but now he's finally been captured by me."

"Years?" You ask, bewildered. "Wait! What is wonderland."

"Oh, you must be from the other dimension. Your friend Shadow is a wizard, and he opened the portal to this dimension, which is home to wonderland and many other kingdoms. He must have opened the portal for you so that you could help him. I was on his tail for quite some time."

"Alright, so this game has been going on for years."

"Yes, with many pieces captured, including my mother, the original red queen."

The queen in chess can move as many spaces as she wants in any direction, this is why the red queen is able to move so fast.

"Enough chatter for now, darling. If you wish to play the game and save your friend you must become a white pawn, the weakest of all pieces."

"Why?"

"You're a human, and the last thing I need is another on of you in my rank. As far as I'm concerned, you're the white queen's problem. I'll give you a head start, but I warn you that the red pieces shall be brutal and torture you before cl when they see you. This is no game, girl. Be cautious in these lands."

The red queen raises her palm and sends you away. When you wake up, you are . . .

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. In the White Queen's castle as a white pawn

*Noteb*
2. In the Red Queen's castle but as a white pawn

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 SaJoker (UN: sajoker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Laurenlily has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1909774-Random-Stories/cid/1757862-Welcome-to-Wonderland