*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1934990-Science-Fiction-Transformations/cid/1612440-Five-minutes-into-the-future-Mankind-yet-to-le
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1934990
Careening through nightmare visions of the future
This choice: Five minutes into the future. Mankind yet to leave solar system.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Five minutes into the future. Mankind yet to le...

    by: Yote
It is the near future. Civilization has not changed a great deal from the early 2010s. Mankind has yet to make much headway into space, partly on account of them having too much fun on Earth with several fun, new technologies.

Medical technology has advanced somewhat. Discoveries in wound healing, skin and organ grafting, anti-rejection therapies, and stem cells not only means that treatment are better but that plastic surgery has become more routine, cheaper and more invasive. Shops offering treatments have sprung up like tattoo parlors on the high street.

In addition, the first humanoid automatons have started to be sold widely. Crude but functional, these robotic servants have begun to pervade modern life, working as butlers, maids, carers, among other things.

Virtual reality is emerging from its infancy.

Hover boards have, alas, yet to materialize. As have materializers.

You are...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Yote (UN: yote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1934990-Science-Fiction-Transformations/cid/1612440-Five-minutes-into-the-future-Mankind-yet-to-le