*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1934990-Science-Fiction-Transformations/cid/1616362-Into-the-utopic-far-flung-future-Mankind-leadi
by Yote
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1934990
Careening through nightmare visions of the future
This choice: Into the utopic far-flung future. Mankind leading a collection of alien races.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Into the utopic far-flung future. Mankind leadi...

    by: Yote
It's the far future. Mankind has expanded very far and very wide, encountering a myriad of alien civilisations. Together they form The Union of Civilised Races. The Union has enemies certainly, but most of the population lives comfortable, cosseted lives in a post-scarcity economy, their every need and whim tended to.

Technology is at its most fantastical. Interstellar travel is fast and safe, but most citizens get around from planet to planet or system to system by "faxing" themselves; having their bodies or minds broken down into data that can then be transmitted at supraluminal speeds to be reconstituted at the other end.

After decades of protests, robots may finally be on the verge of achieving citizen status where they will become recognised as individuals, no longer required to submit to a master. Many organics are unhappy about such a prospect.

True death is almost unheard of. Most citizens are canny enough to back-up copies of their personalities on to data storage, so that in the event of their physical death they can be restored, their memories and personality imprinted into a vat-grown clone body.

You are...

You have the following choices:

1. A law-abiding citizen

2. A nobody

*Noteb*
3. A planet designer and builder

4. Reader's choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Yote (UN: yote at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Yote has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1934990-Science-Fiction-Transformations/cid/1616362-Into-the-utopic-far-flung-future-Mankind-leadi