*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A strange happening
  2. A Startling discovery
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972656-A-new-RoleFictional-CharactersYou/cid/1729791-A-strange-happening
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Adult · #1972656
What if you could transform into characters? What if they lived your life instead of you?
This choice: The Ring Activates  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A strange happening

    by: brandygang
The ring glowed slightly, but than it stopped.

"What, it didn't work? Why didn't it work?" Brandon wondered. He held his breath and tried shouting it again,

"I wish Matt's Sister Jane was right here now!" It glowed red momentarily, but didn't do more than that.

Again, nothing happened. "Dammit, why won't it work!" He fussed and complained. Frustrated, he knocked it against a stray table, and than rubbed it against his own clothes.

"Stupid piece of junk. I don't know why I thought it would work anyway. Plus Jane is right outside, why would it even do anything?"

At that moment, it started seething red again, only this time it vibrated on his finger and steam emitted out. "Woah, what? The shaking or something must have set it off. Just needed a little bump is all!" Also emitted, was a clear liquid, except as it flowed and wet his hand it started to fade a cream color against his skin and running like wet paint.

"Woah what's happening! This, isn't what I wished for!" And yet, the ring continued to flow. The runny liquid poured and ran up his arm, coating it so and sticking itself to his body. As hard as he pulled on the gooey film, it only spread to his other arm and chest. The steam obscured his vision and started forming the same sensations across his face. Soon before long it had crawled across his body completely, his entire figure obscured by the steam. His head felt hazy, like he was going to pass out. And that's practically what he did, but a strange jolt brought him back to his sense before he fell over and the steam finally started to clear.

When it was done, he rubbed his eyes and tried dusting off his clothes. Hmm, black blouse, white undershirt, red skirt, mary jane shoes, white knee-high socks. Everything seemed to be in order, and strangely wasn't wet or anything. The ring slowly simmered down and finally stopped vibrating, returning to it's normal color. He certainly felt strange, but not sick or anything.

Looking into a shiny surface, he saw a pale, freckle faced girl with glasses, short black hair, a stubby nose and clearly female physique staring back. He was completely identical to Jane, but noticed nothing different in herself even after having transformed into her physically.

"Nothing even happened? How uncool. It was probably just a stage prop for a magician I suppose. Well, I best get moving. This evening wasn't so splendid, didn't even find any genies for shucks sake." She said, somewhat more quizzical and curious than usual, and releasing an uncharacteristic chuckle out followed by a playful skip he normally wouldn't consider doing.

With the change having occurred, the new "Brandon" skipped along.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 brandygang (UN: brandygang at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brandygang has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1972656-A-new-RoleFictional-CharactersYou/cid/1729791-A-strange-happening