*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1982791-Killer-Instinct-A-Zombie-Interactive/cid/1968256-Leah-Sturgess-23-the-humble-reporter
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Horror/Scary · #1982791
You're either having a bad dream or... dang.
This choice: Leah Sturgess, 23, the humble reporter  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Leah Sturgess, 23, the humble reporter

    by: Horror Scribe
A couple of weird stories on the news. That's how this all started.

Leah was out on assignment. A fresh hire to Channel 8 News, it was her first story. Eastbrook Cemetery had been hit last night. Over a dozen headstones were tipped over, broken in half, bits of concrete scattered over the well manicured lawn. Worse though, were the bodies.

They were missing. A dozen in all.

Leah's longcoat flapped against her legs as she stood, waiting for the camera crew to start filming. In her mind played the predetermined talking points she was supposed to say once the cameras were rolling...

...Local Cemetery vandalized...
...thousands of dollars in damage to grave markers...
...disturbing individuals removed bodies from their graves...

That last one stuck with Leah, and she didn't believe it. For even now, as she stood looking down at one such grave, she couldn't help but notice how the hole was conical, how there was no way an outside force could have exhumed a dozen bodies in a single night. The muddied footsteps that led AWAY from the grave, but none leading up to it.

"Hey, Leah, you ready?" It was Matt, her camera guy.

"Yeah," she said distractredly. She brushed down her jacket, adjusted her ear piece and held the microphone close to her mouth. When Matt gave the signal, she started.

"Late last night, a local cemetery proved the site of a malicious vandalization. Headstones, flower vases, pictures and mementos, smashed and scattered. But such random destruction pales in comparison to what local authorities have recently divulged. At least twelve bodies have been removed from their graves by the would-be vandals. So far, Authorities are..."

Leah stopped mid sentence when she saw Matt's horrified expression on his face. His mouth hung open in disbelief, eyes unblinking. With one trembling hand, he pointed behind her. Leah, gulping, slowly turned and saw...

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Horror Scribe (UN: pistonfan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Josh Tanguay has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1982791-Killer-Instinct-A-Zombie-Interactive/cid/1968256-Leah-Sturgess-23-the-humble-reporter