*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Fashion Doll Laura
  2. One fateful night
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1999614-Warning-may-cause-shrinking/cid/2569264-Fashion-Doll-Laura
by SSPP
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #1999614
Experimental drugs cause shrinking!
This choice: 1 foot tall  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Fashion Doll Laura

    by: smallprint
Laura woke up, still a little groggy, feeling like a massive weight resting upon her.
Thankful for weekends, she decided to sleep in.
Trying to roll over however, she started waking up.
The weight wasn't from a bad day.
Light trickled in, but she couldn't see a lot. What she could see, didn't look like her bed.
A little time for her eyes to adjust later, Laura realized she wasn't underneath her blanket.
She was inside her own pajama top, her head resting on some bunched up fabric she mistook for her pillow.

Managing to struggle her way out of the garment, she took in her new sights.
A pillow the size of a buss, bed the size of a building, and a room the size of a city block.
Drawing a quick conclusion, Laura managed to climb the table next to her bed, and walked straight to the pillbox.
In the now not so fine print of the health and safety text: "Warning, may cause shrinking".
"Great! Now what?!" Laura yelled, definitely not amused by this.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK*
"Laura, heard you mumble." she heard her mother outside her room " You awake, dear? I'm coming in."
The door to her room opened, and her mother, Doreen, over 30 feet tall to Laura, walked in, holding a laundry basket.
"I'm doing some washi-" she dropped the basket the moment she noticed her daughter, shrunken to the size of a doll, standing on the table.
Without saying a word, Doreen walked up to the table, and, bending over a little, took in the sight of what was left of her daughter.
It took a while before she said anything "How?" she said, more confused than concerned.

One story later, and her mother was up to speed.
Doreen had pulled up the chair from Laura's desk, Laura having to make do with the pillbox turned on it's side.
"- so that's it. Can you help me get back to the lab?" Laura finished her story.
"... honey."
"Yes?"
"Didn't you say you signed a nondisclosure agreement?"
"... yes."
"And a liability waiver?"
"... ... ... oh no..." Laura said softly, as it dawned on her what her mother was trying to say.
The box had the warning, Laura couldn't go back to the lab, they'd just tell her she knew what she was getting into.
If they had a cure, surely they would've mentioned this, and not leave it to the fine print to tell their testers.
And even if she went to a hospital or another lab, because she wouldn't be allowed to share the pill's ingredients, so they'd have to test on Laura directly.
At her current size, that'd be uncomfortable at least.

"Sooo..." her mother broke the silence. "Since you won't be needing so much space... Can I turn your room into a rec-room?"
"Mom!" Laura said, rather offended.
"What? You could live in a dollhouse! You could even stay in this room!"
"MOM!"
"You could still have friends over. And boyfriends. Or girlfriends, not judging. I've had my fair sh-"
"MOM! I am not staying like this!"
"... Why not?... You weren't thattall to begin with. Besides, you look cute like this."
Laura was stumped, offended, and a little scared at what her mother just said. And how she said it.
"I AM NOT STAYING LIKE THIS!" Laura tried to get the conversation back on track.

Her mother stood up, looking down on Laura, and picked her up with one hand, her fingers wrapped her around her waist.
She lifted her up with absolutely no effort.
Doreen got up from the chair, ignoring the petty protests of her daughter, with her free hand put the chair back, and lied down on her side on Laura's bed, the tiny teen still in hand.
As soon as she settled in, she let go of her grip, and rolled over on top of Laura.
Wedged beneath her mother's sizable bust, Laura had no choice but to look up and listen to what her mother had to say.
"You live under my roof, you live under my rules, and you are my little girl." there was a little bit of anger in her voice. "And my decision is: you are staying like this."
"Yes mommy." was all that Laura dared to say, terrified by her mother's sudden dominance.
"And if you keep protesting, I'll find a way to feed you another pill, and keep you in a jar. Understand?"
"Yes mommy."
"GOOD!" all anger had instantly vanished from Doreen's voice. "Now then! We'll redesign the room later." Doreen picked up the pillbox, smiled, and put the in her pocket.
"But first things first."
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 smallprint (UN: doodad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SSPP has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1999614-Warning-may-cause-shrinking/cid/2569264-Fashion-Doll-Laura