*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The first Barker: Hannibal
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2041245-The-Bay/cid/1976037-The-first-Barker-Hannibal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: XGC · Interactive · Fantasy · #2041245
The story of War between Rome and Carthage
Chapter #1

The first Barker: Hannibal

    by: Lord Robbie - We got this!
August 5, 216 BCE

Hannibal Barca looked out at the target. The city of Rome was there for the taking. Since Hamilcar made Hannibal swear the oath, it was all the general could think of. "Look at it, brothers! The city is ours for the taking!!" Hannibal's brothers looked at each other. Though Hannibal Barca was the most brilliant military tactician ever produced by the city of Carthage; their sister had a tendency to get ahead of herself. Hannibal shook her head. "Hanno, I want you to take Maharbal and Himilcar and win over Beneventum to our cause! Mago, I want you and Hasdrubal to head for Hispania! Once Rome is taken, everything changes. We can finally build a better World!" she declared.

"You dream, sister!" giggled Mago. Hannibal turned her grey eyes on her brother, who shrank from her. Hannibal Barca, the eldest of Hamilcar Barca's children, possessed vast magical powers. She even had a younger brother, who bore the same name, living as a wealthy merchant in Libyssa. Hannibal decided once Rome was taken, she would obliterate the Hundred and Four and transform the new Republic into one of direct election by men and by women. She was tall, standing over 5 cubitus in height. Waiting in her tent was Claudia Marcella, who was the daughter of a former consul of Rome. Marcella had been taken a year earlier and was already expecting a daughter who would be named Sophonisba. She would be named after Hasdrubal Gisco's daughter.

"Perhaps you want to see what I dream?" threatened Hannibal. Her little brother shook his head in fear. "Then GO!" she commanded. Her brothers moved with speed. Hannibal could see the walls of the ancient city. Soon it would be hers. "TO WAR!" she cried as her men roared her name. It was hard to describe the carnage as yet another legionis fell to Hannibal. She used her powers to strike down a section of the wall. The Romans in their haste sent down a few thousand half trained children who fell prey to the old trap. Gauls attacked from behind their dirt covers as once again, Hannibal's power had triumphed.

A Roman in his late fifties was thrown before Hannibal's feet. "Publius Furius Philus, former consul and current praetor; isn't it?" smirked Hannibal. The Roman's attempt to spit stopped midair and hit him in the left eye. "Goodbye, Consul Philus!" she declared, grabbing him by the neck and violently twisted off his head. His blood gushed like a fountain from his neck, before falling to the ground. "Rome trembles as we advance!" she declared. Hannibal focused her magic as more of the wall crumbled. Her men chanted her name in all the languages they spoke. Rome would soon fall. Womenkind would, at last, have a hero change their lives! She communicated with Claudia "Soon my love, the women of Rome will be not different to the men. And our daughter will live in a world, where she can be consul or suffete!"

She felt elated at her wife's response. Sophonisba Barca-Marcella would be a force to reckon with. And Rome's hatred of women would be repaid in blood. She could hear the terror of the Romans as they scrambled for cover. Soon Rome itself would be hers. And the Senate of Rome would be consigned to history after she spread their heads across the city. She heard the sounds before he came. His army was filled with demons, false witches, humans of vast power and Nephilim. She used her magic to send Marcella to safety. She closed her eyes and Hannibal her little brother was with his army. She sent her knowledge to him and erased her brother's knowledge of her. Now she and her remaining army of 5,000 would fight the Consul. She destroyed her enemies with ease, slicing and cutting her way until she found him. "Consul! Now you shall die!" she cried.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Lord Robbie - We got this! (UN: rrobbie37 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lord Robbie - We got this! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2041245-The-Bay/cid/1976037-The-first-Barker-Hannibal