*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. He finds a book.
  2. The beginning...
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2103993-With-your-permission-Points-Given/cid/2328359-He-finds-a-book
Rated: GC · Interactive · Erotica · #2103993
Josh obtains a power to swap traits, but only with their permission.
This choice: He finds a book.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

He finds a book.

    by: Morphology
As the wind and rain came down, Josh clutched his umbrella close to himself as he walked down the road. As he drew nearer to the corner of Elm Street, he knew that he was close to home when he saw the abandoned lot where they played baseball in the summertime. He stood there for a moment to remember playing there last summer, where he almost broke Mrs. Buchanan's window with a rogue foul ball. He remembered having her a couple times as a substitute teacher and always enjoyed it when she came in. "Well, I better get going." He said to himself, knowing that if he didn't get going, he would more than likely get in trouble because of his wet clothes. As he started to get going again, something caught his eye. Josh turned his head to see a blue book laying on the ground in the middle of a puddle, or at least it looked like it was on the ground.

As he drew closer to the mysterious book and as he got closer, he noticed that the book was actually glowing and hovering just above the top of the puddle. "What in the world?" He muttered to himself as he reached down and touched the book. All of a sudden, a bright blue light suddenly appeared and he felt a small shock on his outstretched hand.

As the blue light cleared from his vision, Josh started to hear a faint voice seemingly coming from the back of his head. "Mortal." The deep voice said out of nowhere. "I don't have long for this world and I would like to bestow one last gift." From the inside of his head, Josh felt a slight vibration and he started to freak out.

'What's going on?' He thought to himself. 'Do I have a tumor?' As soon as it started, it had stopped.

"No, it's not a tumor." The voice seemingly yelled. "What I have given you is what the old ones call The Power of Empathy. Long ago, the wisest person in the village had the wisdom because of empathy."

"Empathy?" Josh asked, not truly understanding the real meaning of the word.

"Yes Empathy." The deep voice confirmed. "The ability to know what others are going through by having to deal with is themselves. All you have to do is get their permission for it to happen." Josh felt a small pulse go through his head and a dull headache remained.

"Hello?" He said, wondering if the odd voice was still there, but his questions were met with silence. He groaned as he brought his hand up to his head to help alleviate some of the pain. "I need to get home." He picked up the pace to get home before he could get into too much trouble.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Morphology (UN: sakura0004 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Morphology has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2103993-With-your-permission-Points-Given/cid/2328359-He-finds-a-book