*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2136245-Trick-Or-Treat-Smell-My-/cid/2404961-A-Time-For-Treats--A-Time-For-Mischief
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2136245
You're out trick or treating. However, it turns out they're getting treats.
This choice: A rude prankster  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A Time For Treats & A Time For Mischief

    by: Unknown
This was it! This was the night. You’d finally be able to pull off the pranking spree you’ve been planning for months. People at school tend to call you a lot of things: class clown, a prankster, not funny. You certainly were a bit of a goof ball. You carved out quite the reputation for yourself at school as a troublemaker and a jokester. You remember last year when you glued your teacher’s seat, getting her butt trapped in it when she sat down. Or when you let out the biology lab’s snake, Leonard, into the halls. You even recall your very first prank, when you replaced your teacher’s lipstick with a stick of Elmer’s glue that left you out of school for a week. You may not be the most popular in school but you certainly had your group of friends.

Tonight, you would pull some crazy pranks in the notorious Vampyre Lane. Everyone said it was haunted, or from another dimension, and that anyone who stayed there after midnight was trapped in there forever. Of course you didn’t believe those stories. That’s impossible. Vampyre Lane was just a gated community for rich people who wanted to be left alone, so it was clear why the neighborhood was off the beaten path in the local woods and very few people ventured there. You made sure that all your supplies were ready. You had your handy-dandy slingshot, some fresh eggs from the local supermarket, some old fish wrapped in newspaper, dozens of toilet paper rolls, whipped cream, and then some. You were set and well equipped for your night of debauchery.

You pulled out your ninja costume your mom bought. You told her you really wanted to be a ninja this year because you really liked Kung-Fu movies. In reality, the entirely black fabricated costume would blend perfectly into the darkness of the October night. No one would be able to spot you. You just had to be smart and quick on your feet. You left your house as the sun started to set with a trick-or-treat bag in hand. Although, the bag was already filled with all your supplies. You ran down your street and towards the local park, there you met up with your friends, Tori, Blake and Priscilla. They’ve been your best friends since you could remember.

You were all dressed up for Halloween. Your plan was to cause some mischief in Vampyre Lane and then go back to your own neighborhood later that night for the real trick-or-treating. Tori was a bit of a tomboy and enjoyed roughhousing with you and Blake since you first met. There were actually a couple times she’d tackle one of you in football. Tori was dressed as a black cat. Blake was a bit of a nerd; he was incredibly smart but had his own weird sense of humor and mischief to him as well. You two met at a trading card tournament and have been good friends since. Blake was dressed as an army soldier, hoping the costume would blend in with the bushes. Finally, Priscilla was a born prankster herself, she was kicked out of her old school for hiding the school’s lab mice in her principal’s desk. Ever since she was transferred to your school you’ve become good friends. Priscilla was dressed as a swamp monster, her green and sickly brown face paint would vanish in the dark woods without a problem.

You approached the three with a grin, “So, everyone have their supplies?” Everyone held up their own trick-or-treat bags, obviously filled with pranking materials. You nodded, “Great. Let’s go then. Show these rich folks that Halloween isn't all about the treats.” The sun was just barely visible as you four trudged through the local woods. The big orange ball slowly descended behind the horizon, turning the sky a dark blue as stars became visible. Just as it started to get dark out you came upon Vampyre Lane. A huge, black, metal fence surrounded the community and seemed to go on forever on both sides. The fence stood at an imposing ten feet with barbed wire and spikes decorating the top. Written in cursive on the open gates was ‘Vampyre Lane’.

A chill ran up all four of your spines, but you wouldn’t let that deter you. After all, everything inside seemed much more festive. Sounds of chainsaws, ghoulish yelps, monstrous growls, spooky music and trick-or-treaters walking about came from beyond the gate. Tori was the first to march onward, “Come on, scaredy cats, are we doing this or what?”

You, Priscilla and Blake all nod, “Yeah, let’s go,” you say. You three follow Tori into the gated community. Once you four enter and look around you hear a creak behind you and then a metal crash, CLANG! You turn around to see the open gates had just shut themselves.

Priscilla gasped, “What?”

Blake chuckled, “They must be trying to scare us. Good trick.” You four take in the scenery. There were various blocks of large three-story houses with lavish lawns and expensive, sprawling decorations. These people were clearly loaded. So many blocks, so many houses. Where to begin?

Priscilla asked, looking around in awe, “So… where to first?”

Blake chimed in, “I say we do a full street first. Maybe don’t prank every house… they might catch on… but prank a few and then move onto the next street. Make sure they don’t notice us.”

Tori nodded, “Good idea. So which street will it be?”

You noticed a few options. There was once street you noticed called Bog Street. There were large tufts of thick fog rolling down the block. It was dimly lit, with no streetlights and only the lights of the houses decorations to illuminate the street. This street looked to be the scariest. The decorations were gory and bloody, with lots of zombie and demon props. Grave stones littered lawns, robotic zombies clawed out of the ground and grunted, and projections of evil demons swooped and spun around the cobweb-covered houses. All of the lights shining out of the houses were distinctly red, giving the street an eerie glow. However, you noticed on almost every porch there were giant bowls of candy. If you were younger, this street might’ve been too much for you, even now it creeps you out a little.

The next street you saw was called Maple Street. This street had a much warmer tone to it. All of the houses were well lit, and had a nice cottage-theme to them. This block seemed to be heavily frequented by trick-or-treaters and the decorations seemed more silly than intimidating with inflatable witches, grave stones with funny names scrawled on them, and speakers playing cartoonish Halloween music and ghost sounds. However, despite being more inviting than the last street, there seemed to be less places for you four to hide when pulling your pranks. It may be too risky.

The final street you saw was Haunted Road. This street was set in a much more wooded area than the other two. Instead of having houses incredibly close to one another like your average suburb, the houses were spread apart from each other and had fewer decorations. These houses seemed very stripped back and only had a small slew of skimpy decorations to even insinuate that they were celebrating Halloween. The houses too, although large and extravagant, seemed a bit strange, having old Victorian designs.

You also noticed there was a large park straight down Maple Street that was teeming with activity. There seemed to be a large Halloween party going on in the park. That could be a cool place to stop by too. In a large crowd you could pull some pranks on the individual townspeople and then easily slip away into the crowd. Plus, they won’t know what you really look like since all four of your are dressed up. You turn back to your friends, “So, what are we thinking guys/b}?”
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
nobody495 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2136245-Trick-Or-Treat-Smell-My-/cid/2404961-A-Time-For-Treats--A-Time-For-Mischief