*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A Little Light Reading
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2167941-A-Book-in-the-Attic/cid/2541972-A-Little-Light-Reading
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Adult · #2167941
Bored during vacation, Jeremy is in his attic when he stumbles across a strange text.
Chapter #1

A Little Light Reading

    by: SamTheSnake
Family attic's always have a way of storing treasures. Whether the be pictures, family heirlooms, or fads of times forgotten (looking at you, Furbee), there was always something of interest to be found. The Handbasquette household was no different. After 28 years of marriage, Bruce and Helena had acquired a number of goods that time had forgotten. There was your regular assortment of cheerleading outfits from the girls' younger days, old musical instruments from passions lost, and old-timey steamer trunks full of items inherited from other family members.

Knowing this, Jeremy decided to take a peek upstairs to see if he could find anything of interest. It was going to be a long summer, and he figured he might as well try to dig up something interesting.

"It's so damn hot up here," Jeremy said under his breath as he wiped the sweat from his brow. Three weeks into summer vacation, he had beat all of the video games he owned and was now looking for some new adventure.

"Weird," he said as he tossed aside an old cowbell. Same with a pair of roller skates, and even a strange looking medallion with two varying shapes on each side. "Who would ever want that," he thought.

That's when it caught his eye. The book was bound in leather, with gold calligraphy on the binding. It seemed to almost call for him. Much like a moth attracted to the glimmer of a lightbulb in summer, Jeremy couldn't help but approach the strange, timeless text. Dusting off the adjacent trunk, he grabbed the book and placed it on his lap to peruse.

"What are you," he murmured, wanting to investigate more. As he opened the pages, he found several different headings.

You have the following choices:

1. Walk in My Shoes

2. Things Aren't What They Seem

3. A Different Time and Place

4. What if...

*Noteb*
5. Reader's Choice

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 SamTheSnake (UN: samthesnake at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SamTheSnake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2167941-A-Book-in-the-Attic/cid/2541972-A-Little-Light-Reading