*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A new hero shows her face!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2201759-Megagirl/cid/2883674-A-new-hero-shows-her-face
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Gaturm
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2201759
In a sprawling metropolis, a new hero will restore order!
Chapter #1

A new hero shows her face!

    by: Gaturm
Night had fallen over the commercial district of Gale City, but that only meant that the sun light had been replaced by the dull glare of neon. Gale City never slept. If people weren't working, they were playing - or, of course, getting robbed. Or tricked. Burgled. Barely a night went by without someone losing a year's wages to either one of the multitudinous crime syndicates or, more likely, getting it extorted out of them by an officer of the law. Though, what law exactly it was they enforced changed depending on the officer. It was a long accepted fact, that the police of Gale City only served two entities: The higher ups of InnoLutions and the various criminal organizations of the metropolis' seedy underbelly.

But tonight would be different. More exciting. No one payed attention to the shady van parked in an equally shady ally. A man, cigarette in his mouth, and clad in a gaudy denim vest, observed the opposing building. A big, red sign gave it the name "Harley's." A motor shop. From the outside, nothing special. But to those in the know, "Harley's" had a reputation of being particularly annoying. The owner steadfastly refused to pay his protection money, one of the very few that still had the guts to resist the police, as well as the Tigers, whose turf he had built his shop on.
Tonight, that would all change. The man smiled and flicked the glowing stub of his cigarette away and turned, nodding to the others hiding in the van. With big smiles, they poured out, clutching guns and baseball bats. Each and everyone of them was ready to rock. But they were only the backup. Eagerly, the man looked at his newest accomplice, only recruited that day. A young woman, dressed in a sharp business suit, stared back at him without a care in the world.

"Your entrance, Firefly," he chuckled. The woman simply nodded, rolling back her right sleeve as she stepped out of the alley. A moment later, bright fire engulfed her palm, burning brighter with each second, until a towering pillar of flame emerged from her. It happened so fast that the civilians around only noticed the inferno as it already flew through the air.

The screams were drowned out in the explosion of the motor shop as Firefly's flame powers devastated it in mere seconds. The sheer heat of her flame melted the steel and glass, setting the oil on fire. A second explosion rang out as a gas tank ruptured, spreading the fire to the neighboring building.

"Going a bit overboard, don't you think?" the man grunted. He needed to shield himself from the wave of heat that radiated out from the burning motor shop. Firefly merely shrugged, rolling her sleeve back down and turning. Her job was done. Now it was time to collect payment. The rest of the gang followed her as she stepped back towards the van, ready to leave.

Boom!

The earth rumbled as if a bomb had just hit. Firefly only barely kept her footing, the rest of the gang being felled by the sudden earthquake. Was it another explosion? No... this shaking felt different.

Boom!

Another quake followed only a second later, no bringing even the professional gangster to her knees. She looked around, ready to blow whatever the source of these tremors was up. But she saw nothing out of the ordinary. Until...

Boom! Boom! Boom!

A shadow fell over the entire street as the one responsible for shaking the earth finally revealed herself. Firefly's jaw fell open, staring up at disbelief. With terrifying speed, a gigantic figure sprinted through the street, each footfall devastating the pavement and sending out shock waves strong enough to blast a person away. The closer the figure came, the more detail could be made out.
It was definitely a woman. Long, brown hair flowed down her back. Her entire figure was clad in bright, yellow spandex, a massive, black 'M' proudly emblazoned on her chest. Speaking of which... Firefly couldn't help but blush as she saw just how shapely this gigantic woman was. Her hips were wide, as were her thighs, and her breasts would have been gigantic even at normal size. With every step, they bounced upwards, threatening to tear the form fitting material of her suit to shreds. Still, by some miracle it held, emphasizing every curve of the giantess' enormous body.

Then, she was there, at the scene. Her massive boots crushed up the ground beneath, but she didn't care. Instead, she struck a pose, one hand on her hip, the other pointing decisively in the air.

"Fear not, citizens! Megagirl is here to save you!"

The power of her voice shook the bones of everyone around, stunning most of Firefly's gang. Only the man in the denim vest managed to shake of the painful ringing in his ears. He slowly got up and reached out to her.
"Come on! We need to get out of here, before that giant bitch notices us!"
Without hesitation, she grabbed his hand. They didn't bother to help the rest of the gang up, simply getting into the van and driving off.

Out of the corner of her eye, Megagirl saw the group of thugs still stunned by her declaration, as well as the escape vehicle. She had to make a choice. In front of her was the burning building, a danger to everyone around. But she couldn't just let the one who did this get away. Someone with this much power couldn't be left unchecked, after all...
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Gaturm (UN: garth11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Gaturm has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2201759-Megagirl/cid/2883674-A-new-hero-shows-her-face