*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Chessboard
  2. More choices!
  3. More options!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2202398-Supernatural-Beauty/cid/2733881-The-Chessboard
Rated: GC · Interactive · Supernatural · #2202398
A group of friends battle the supernatural and look good while doing it...
This choice: The Chessboard  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

The Chessboard

    by: HikerAngel
Natalia tucked a lock of chestnut hair behind her ear.

“But I was kind of thinking about getting a job for the summer to earn some spending money. A girl can never have enough clothes, you know. And there’s this Louis Vuitton bag that I’ve been drooling over.”

Natalia’s father, Dimitri, frowned in disapproval. “You have a mountain of clothes piled up in your closet because you have too many to hang up already! And you know how I feel about those ridiculously expensive designer handbags…”

“Oh, dad,” Natalia sassed. “I can’t help it, I’m a teenage girl. You know how these things are.”

Dimitri rolled his eyes. “Yes, I do… Yes, I most certainly do.”

“Your babushka and dedushka need your help this summer. They’re getting older and they’re ready to leave Illinois and move to Arizona. The heat is good for their joints. They have a ton of stuff in that old house, and they’re going to need help sorting through it, having garage sales, and cleaning. I can’t go all the way to Carbondale from Chicago every weekend. You know how busy I am at the firm. I really need you to do this for me, hun. For them.”

“Oh all right,” replied Natalia. “Guilt trip, much? It’s a good thing you’re paying my tuition, dad, or you would so owe me.”

Dimitri smiled and hugged his daughter.

***

That Saturday, the two drove down I-57 to Carbondale, Natalia bombarding her father with one Taylor Swift song after another for the entire journey. They arrived on Saturday afternoon.

Babushka and Dedushka greeted them warmly, catching up with each other before having a delicious dinner of beef stroganoff that Babushka prepared.

The following day, Natalia saw her father off, then went back inside to discuss what needed to be done with her grandparents.

You have the following choices:

1. The Attic

*Noteb*
2. Rei comes over

*Noteb*
3. Something happens that night

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 HikerAngel (UN: hikerangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HikerAngel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2202398-Supernatural-Beauty/cid/2733881-The-Chessboard