*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The plan
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2241342-The-Biggest-Ransom/cid/2971308-The-plan
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #2241342
Two kidnappers, a growth ray, and a kid who causes bigger and bigger trouble...
Chapter #1

The plan

    by: Thomas Regel
"Sam, you are a genius!" said one of the anthro cats. He wore a black suit, a ski mask, and a flash light. His partner in crime, who wore a similar outfit, smirked.

"I know, right, Henry?"

Both of them were standing in the middle of an abandoned warehouse, way outside the city, in the middle of a forest. It seemed the building was forgotten a long time ago, judging by the amount of dust and lack of stock. Henry found it accidentally when he was searching for a location to hide their treasure they looted over the years: golden necklaces, jewels, all kind of stuff.

At first, the two criminals thought the warehouse was completely empty. As Sam looked around, using the weak light of the flashlight, he saw nothing but empty shelves, desks, and junk all over the floor.

"It's perfect!"

Henry nodded, and he took a step further into the darkness - until he found something big in the corner.

"What is it?" he asked, walking to the unusually big pile. It turned out was a big machine with a pointy edge, like a gigantic drill machine. He looked at the control panel, and just out of boredom, he fiddled with the buttons.

Suddenly, the machine whirred up, and a red laser beam shot from its pointy end. It hit one of the boxes.

"What the hell are you doing?!" asked Sam.

"Sorry... Didn't know it was still operational!"

What happened next made both of the cats drop their jaw. The box shivered, trembled, and then suddenly grew up in size, to almost twice as big.

"Wooooaaaaaah!" said Henry. "It... just... grew!"

Sam licked his lips. "A... growth ray? Isn't that exist only in sci-fies?"

"Apparently not!" replied Henry. He pushed another button - this time a green laser beam shot from the machine, and made the box shrinking back to it's original size.

"Do you know what does it mean?!" asked Sam. "We can make our loot bigger!"

"That would be boring and simple! You know me, I don't like simple. Besides, selling so much gold in the black market can be problematic, we also have to find buyers. No, I have something more exciting in my mind," giggled Henry.

"Yeah..." asked Sam with some concern in his voice. "What is it?"

"You always said we should move from stealing to kidnapping... How about we kidnap some rich guy's kid, grow him bigger, and we refuse to shrink him back until we get a huge amount of money!"

"Why a kid?"

"Because they are hard to control!" Henry laughed. "Imagine the chaos they can cause even at regular size, and multiply it with a big number! It would be more spectacular than a bank heist!"

"Really?" asked Sam. He knew Henry from years, and he always had the wildest ideas. On the other hand, his ideas were usually bring tons upon tons of wealth to the duo. "I don't know... Sounds dangerous..."

"Ah, don't be such a weakling!" Henry waved with his paw. "It's simple: get the child, grow him to like 10 or 20 feet tall, then release. The parents will practically beg us to change him back! When they pay, we shrink the kid back - and everyone is happy! Mostly us, and that's the point!" He smiled. "Besides... Imagine all the panic during the news! A giant child breaking havoc!" He laughed. "You know me, I love when we can see our work on television. The bigger the hustle, the sweeter the money!"

Sam rubbed his neck. "I don't know... And who do you want to plan to kidnap?"
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Thomas Regel (UN: tregel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Thomas Regel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2241342-The-Biggest-Ransom/cid/2971308-The-plan