*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. This is where like all stories it all starts
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2250334-My-friend-the-Witch/cid/3040048-This-is-where-like-all-stories-it-all-starts
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Entertainment · #2250334
Last week of summer before college start, time for all kinds of hi-jinks with your friends
Chapter #1

This is where like all stories it all starts

    by: Zeronominous
Ethan was looking out a window a little bored out of his mind as the cityscape passed them by, even with his music on he couldn't quite fully drown out his parents arguing about what activities to do first when they landed in Hawaii later that day, with his father trying to convince his mother that they should start bright and early and get into something wild and fun, maybe going for some dives or fishing. And his mother telling him more or less politely that after all that travel, they should really take it easy, get to know their room and maybe dive into the hotel's spa or going to sunbath on the beach a bit. He felt like he heard that eternal tirade a thousand times at that point, and while he wasn't worried for the solidity of their marriage, he also wondered why they didn't just split up on that first day if they really craved different things so strongly, a point he had tried to put across but had been shut down by the two of them.

Eventually, his eyes lit up when he recognized the streets they were finally turning unto and than he slowly reached into the backseat of the family's old beat up sedan, there nestled against all the luggage that he'd spend the last ten minutes uncomfortably squeezed against was his trusty if worn out back pack. In it, the most basic necessities like his keys, his IDs and license, not that he really expected to have a chance to really drive around this specific week. His wallet and cellphone plus a few changes of clothes. He only half listened to his mother and dad as they went over everything with him one last time, where they'd be going, where they put the number to contact them if he needed anything, that his aunt Fran would be there if there was any emergency with the house while they were gone.

Of course, he'd heard them say it ten times just since the day before, and it wasn't even like he was going to be all alone on his lonesome either. After all, it had taken a bit of convincing to get the permission from his mom, but he was going to be spending that last week of summer at one of his best friend's of the last couple years' house. So really, there wasn't really any reasons to be that worried at all. Well, there was one small little reason why one could argue that there were reasons enough to be worried, but he wasn't about to spoil his own last week of vacation, by revealing that his best friend Lucy was a witch, not only in case that they wouldn't believe him and think his claim crazy, but also in the very case that they might believe such a wild claim too. His mother having always had been a bit of a worry bee, he really didn't need to put even more stress on top with the reveal of actual magic.

"I know mom, I heard it the first half a dozen times you know?" He said a little stoically, not trying to sound as blazed as he felt.

"Don't take that tone young man" She replied sharply, the nerves of preparations for travel showing in both of his parents sleep deprived faces.

"I'll be at Lucy's, with her mom Beatrice around and all. Everything will be fine, you know?" He added at the unconvinced noise his mom made.

"We'll call later when we get there.." His mother began, a soft clearing of the throat from his father, signalling that he was getting impatient.

Ethan only gave the slightest nod of affirmation and pulled back from the small confines of the car with his bag, closing the door in earnest and waited with bated breath, releasing a breath he didn't know he was even holding in when he watched the car start moving forward again. He knew they were off to his aunt where they would leave the car for the week and from there she would drive them to the airport. Part of him was a little sad that he wasn't going with them to their little get away vacation in the tropics, but that would have been a never ending tropical disaster with the worried nature of his mom, he just knew it. And plus, with his friend Lucy being a witch and all, it wasn't like he hadn't his own week of adventures to get off to. Who knows, maybe she could even spell them somewhere tropical for a day or two. He chuckled a bit to himself as he thought about how funny that could be, though he really didn't want to run into his own parents doing that. He had to rub the back of his head a little bit though. Because despite being friends for years, and knowing about her being a witch for well over two years at that point. He had to admit he wasn't entirely clear on how powerful she really was, where she was at in her magical studies, what was the actual limits of magic. He didn't really have a clue!

He closed his eyes for a moment, thinking back to the last couple months and all the adventures he'd already had, slowly walking toward their door as he slowly reminisced. He had been shrunk, he had been both made younger and older, turned into a girl that one time. Had been turned into a few animals and even turned into a couple things. That one time that he'd ended up a strawberry in a bowl of fruits, seconds away from Lucy's mom nabbing him and taking a big bite right out had been especially stressful. He didn't fully understand why Lucy would always insist that they tell nothing to her mother, but as far as he was concerned, that had only created more handful of hair rising close calls. And yet, still the positives far outweighed the cons and he had always been fine in the end. A week of vacations, doing everything and anything those two could think of, having fun with magic and their friends. It was something he could definitively look forward to!

He slowly crossed and made his way through the rest of the path, lightly securing the strap of his backpack and finally gave an eager knock on the familiar old oak door. He could make out some sorts of sounds coming from inside and eventually after a minute or two, someone did answer for him.

You have the following choices:

1. Beatrice open the door.

2. Lucy open the door.

3. Suzie open the door.

*Noteb*
4. Phoebe open the door.

*Noteb*
5. Thomas open the door.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Zeronominous (UN: za11oy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Zeronominous has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2250334-My-friend-the-Witch/cid/3040048-This-is-where-like-all-stories-it-all-starts