*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Runaway River
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2274388-Which-Way-The-Wind-Blows/cid/3253330-The-Runaway-River
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2274388
Deep in an enchanted forest, a wolf that has been swept away by a river.
Chapter #1

The Runaway River

    by: Max mclad
Its to early to quit
A wolf repeats the phase as the chill of the water clings to its fur. Wrestling her strength back from the sprinting river, she kicks off the riverbed. The muck gives way to stone, allowing her to push herself above the waters surface. A sharp intake of air reminded her of aching that threaten to keep her under. To let the river take her where it choose, and it hadn't seemed friendly so far. Her form was ugly, a doggy paddle that would get her mocked by pups. But it did its job to fight the rivers onslaught of water. She eventually could feel her legs connecting to the pebbles in the shallows. A feeling so satisfying that she was force to ignore it, her legs ready to be convinced that they earned an early rest. Only when the sound of the smallest rainstorm on an unlucky patch of stones filled her ears did she let her body crash.
Every part of her raced to be the first to rest, expect her mind. It fought to taking in as much information as possible. It noted that wherever she is, its far from where she started. The smell of smoke was only present when she thought of it. The sound of cracking wood replaced with silence. Not even bird appeared to be around to comment on her existence, or yell as they ignored it. She could must the will to look, but she recalled the river as exited it. It has never looked so wide. Finally she focus on the warmth. The sun massaging the life back into her limbs and slowly replacing her water logged coat with one she wouldn't mind wearing. Moving feels like it will be less painful now, but a short sun bath is no substitute for proper rest. Even if that rest might leave you vulnerable.

You have the following choices:

*Noteb*
1. Rest a little longer

2. Stand and properly look around

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Max mclad (UN: mmm987 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Max mclad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2274388-Which-Way-The-Wind-Blows/cid/3253330-The-Runaway-River