*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2296456-Last-Summers-Mystery
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Mystery · #2296456
A psychological horror mystery story that welcomes sci-fi and supernatural explanations

A psychological horror mystery story that welcomes sci-fi and supernatural explanations

This is an interactive story. Each chapter tells part of the story and often ends with multiple choices. Make a choice and move to the next chapter in your story. When you reach a chapter that hasn't been written yet, don't be shy... make an addition!
The creator of this Interactive Story provides this information and guidance:
The town of Mirrorvale is nestled in the mountains along a highway that runs into a tunnel through a mountain. It has a recorded population of 2386. The population wakes up one day to find that it is mid-winter and they all only remember the start of summer. Even those memories are hazy. To their horror, they notice that many of the townsfolk have gone missing, including all of the children under 13. A mysterious fog has filled the exit tunnel that causes an immediate and painful rash, bleeding in the mouth and throat, and difficulty breathing.

Rules:
- No explicit sex, adult characters can be implied to have had sex. Do not have any of the teenaged characters in sexual situations
- No children under 13 as characters
- The curse on Mirrorvale affects its citizens such that they are sterile, but they shouldn't initially know this
- Prefer psychological horror and psychological torment over gore
- No sexual assault.
- Try to keep them in Mirrorvale
- Keep your lore as consistent as you can with the story branch you're on
- POV character changes have to be done by an interactive
- If a character sustains fatal injury, then they should be kept in the story in some way as an undead/ghost/reanimated corpse/dismembered person who magically cannot die/etc. Basically the exact opposite of permadeath: nobody gets to escape by dying
- Try to avoid having characters commit suicide and if you do have a character commit suicide do not glorify the suicide, have it be presented as a tragedy and a horror, and the suicide victim should remain in the story in some way.
- If a regular resident of Mirrorvale turns to murder, apply realistic consequences with other citizens investigating the crime and trying to bring them to justice.
- Have an answer to the mystery in mind when you contribute.
- Do not include characters that are clearly based on real people.
-
IMPORTANT NOTICE and DISCLAIMER: The content in this story has been rated 18+. However, since this story is created by members, Writing.Com can not control the content within it. As with any item on Writing.Com, the content rating MAY or MAY NOT be accurate and the site makes no guarantees as to the accuracy. Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates will not be held responsible for the content within this interactive story. Posters accept all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content they've uploaded / submitted / posted on Writing.Com.
Please assume this story MAY contain graphic language, sexually explicit text, violence and/or any other displeasing topic you can or can't think up! To be certain you don't encounter textual content that may be offensive, you should leave this area and not continue on within this item.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2296456-Last-Summers-Mystery