*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Natalie is 10... for now!
  2. Natalie's info
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2305617-Babysat/cid/BM9J6RFMN-Natalie-is-10-for-now
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Interactive · Comedy · #2305617
Time for someone to realize they still need a babysitter!
This choice: 10 years old  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Natalie is 10... for now!

    by: Snowbal788
It's a Friday afternoon Natalie is just getting the bus and notices a different van in the drive way besides her mom's. Natalie walks closer with her backpack in hand looking at the black van.
"That's weird I wonder whose van this is. It's not Becky's moms and it's not grandmas. Maybe we are going somewhere!"

Natalie says to herself kind of excited for the idea to go somewhere for the weekend. It had been a rough week for the newly turned 10 year old. She got nothing higher than a C on her report card and her math grade was just barely not an 'F, then two days later she peed herself at her soccer game! Natalie whines even thinking about all that. Or the fact that she had to be lead crying off the field in front of both teams. But anyway, Natalie shakes the thoughts out of her head and walks in her house to see a woman sitting on the couch talking with her mom while her little sister played on the play rug in front of them. Kate is 4 and only goes to half day pre k and the silly little blonde got to play most of the afternoon, Natalie got jealous of this at times. 'Why couldn't 4th grade be half days? Or couldn't we at least get nap time?' She'd think sometimes.

"Hi sissy!" Kate says waving at her big sister with the messy brunette pony tail on her shoulder.
"Hi baby, welcome home. Come over and meet Ms. Shelly." Mom says as bubbly as everto her oldest daughter.
"Hi, Ms. Shelly. I'm Natalie." Natalie says shyly.

Ms. Shelly smiles a warm smile. She's a big woman, not like fat but more like a giant. She looks twice the size of mom, moms not big either but isn't tiny. "Yes hello Natalie so nice to meet you finally. I've heard so much about you. I might know more about you than you do!" The big blonde woman says with a laugh that mom joins in on.

"What does that mean? Like you know my future? Already you like a fortune teller or something?" Natalie says confused.

Mom laughs and so does Ms. Shelly again. "No silly little girl, your mommy has told me all about you! I have my little file on you. Do you want to quiz me?"

Natalie is confused still but loves to play games so she accepts the challenge.
"OK how old am I?" Natalie says starting with an easy question.

Ms. Shelly smiles with a giggle. "Well since you think you'll trick me I'll tell you exactly how old you are. Natalie Smith is 10 years, 1 month and 1 days old. Or 121 months old plus 1 day as we'd say for babies."

"I'm no baby! OK whats my favorite color? And who is my best friend?!" Natalie says thinking the two for would trip up the woman.

"Becky Sands in your best friend from school she's 10 but is in 5th grade because she was in school a year before you due to you not being out of pull-ups in time to join her in kindergarten. Your favorite stuffy is Purple which is also your favorite color.youve had that stuffy since you were 2." Ms. Shelly says holding her iPad but not really using her notes, but does take a mental note how Natalie turns beet red at the mention of pull-ups.

Kate is giggling and turns to ask mommy. "Is that true? Dids sissy really wear pull-ups in preschool? No body wears them in my class we ate big kids!" She says proudly.

"Now Kate yes Natalie still needed pull-ups until she was almost 5. Some boys and girls are late potty trainers." Mom says trying to get Kate to stop giggling. But now all eyes were on Natalie who was visibility embarrassed with her blushing cheeks and a pout on her face.

Ms. Shelly speaks up too. "It's true some little kids have potty issues, whether it's wearing pull-ups til your 5 or wetting your bed at 10 years old. Nothing to..." she was cut off.

Natalie was now past her point of being talked about like a baby who wasn't in the room. "Mommy! You told her I wet the bed!?" Natalie says with a pout whine and a stomp, almost like a toddler not getting her way.

"Baby, please she needs to..." mom was cut off by Ms. Shelly. It was obvious Natalie was on the verge of a tantrum. Kate was still giggling at hearing all of this about her big sister who doesn't sound like a big girl to her any more. Ms. Shelly was ready to see what she was dealing with so she decided to play into Natalie being upset about her accidents.

"Natalie I see you also peed your pants at soccer this week. Me and your mommy have talked for over a week and I must say,I think she's right to be worried. Your having more wet beds and accidents than most 4 year olds. We'll have to see what to do about all this, so you can be diaper and pull-ups free like your sister Kate.

Natalie looses it and...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Snowbal788 (UN: tidit46 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Snowbal788 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2305617-Babysat/cid/BM9J6RFMN-Natalie-is-10-for-now