*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. The Ugly Lamp
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2311039-A-Family-Wish-Growth-AP-TG-AR-etc/cid/EV48246XM-The-Ugly-Lamp
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #2311039
A family transforms after they inherit a special lamp.
Chapter #1

The Ugly Lamp

    by: rpdr fan
The Roderick family gathered in the dusty attic, surrounded by the remnants of generations past. Jack, with a hint of sadness in his eyes, sorted through old trinkets and forgotten memories. The air was heavy with the scent of aged wood and forgotten stories.

Among the assortment of items, covered in a thin layer of dust, was a peculiar lamp. Its base was an ornate mishmash of gilded patterns, and the shade, a relic of outdated design, seemed to cast a dull glow even in the dimly lit attic. Jack held it up, a quizzical expression on his face.

"What do you think, Ellen?" he asked, turning to his wife.

Ellen wrinkled her nose in distaste. "It's...unique. Not exactly our style, but it's a family heirloom, right? We should keep it."

Jack nodded, a hint of reluctance in his eyes. "You're right. It's a bit ugly, but it belonged to my grandfather. We can put it in the living room out of respect."

The decision made, the family descended from the attic, the mysterious lamp in tow. They placed it on the coffee table in the living room, an odd addition to the otherwise modern decor. The lamp seemed to loom over the space, a quirky relic surrounded by the warmth of the family home.

Days passed, and the lamp settled into its new home, quietly observing the daily life of the Roderick family. Jack spent his evenings immersed in paperwork from the office, Ellen worked tirelessly to maintain the household, and Justin, the 6'7" hockey player, split his time between rigorous training and the occasional night out with friends.

Tim, the short and scrawny nine-year-old, eyed the lamp with skepticism. "It's weird-looking. Why is it here?"

Justin, always the protective older brother, ruffled Tim's hair. "It's just an old family thing, Tim. Don't worry about it. Maybe it'll bring us luck."

Moriah, the tiny five-year-old with wide eyes, gazed at the lamp in wonder. To her, it held a mystique that fascinated her young imagination. She looked up to Justin with adoration, finding solace in the presence of her towering brother.

As the evenings unfolded in the Roderick household, the lamp quietly listened to the laughter, the arguments, and the everyday wishes uttered in its presence. It absorbed the essence of the family dynamics, unaware of its latent potential to turn desires into reality.

Unbeknownst to the Rodericks, the lamp, with its gaudy appearance, held a secret power. It could hear every word, every thought, and every wish spoken in the living room. A subtle energy emanated from it, quietly weaving itself into the fabric of the family's life.

Little did they suspect that the lamp, despite its eccentric appearance, would soon become a silent witness to the hopes and dreams of the Roderick family, offering a touch of magic to their ordinary lives.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

Story Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 rpdr fan (UN: royalroyy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
rpdr fan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2311039-A-Family-Wish-Growth-AP-TG-AR-etc/cid/EV48246XM-The-Ugly-Lamp