*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Supergirl
  2. Heroine choice
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/969420-Superheroine-Weight-Gain/cid/249844-Supergirl
Rated: ASR · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #969420
Superheroines, either ones of your own invention or existing ones, gaining weight.
This choice: Supergirl  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Supergirl

    by: Punchbag
My name is Kara. At least, that's my real name, but most people on this planet know me as Linda - or Supergirl.

When I was a baby, my own planet, Krypton, was destroyed - I don't know how. My parents had constructed a life pod, capable of an extended spaceflight - at least the twenty year journey to the planet Earth.

The pod was launched just minutes before Krypton exploded, and twenty years later, it crash landed on Earth. During the course of the journey, I developed, from a baby, to a young girl, teenager, and finally the woman I am today. The pod sustained me, protected me, educated me, but it was always lonely. I would often look out into space, and wonder if there was anyone else out there - or if I was the only one.

I longed for a companion, a friend. As the years rolled by, I began to try to sleep as much as possible, to avoid the pain of being awake and alone - so when my pod eventually did crash land on Earth, I wasn't awake to feel the impact.

When I did wake up, I knew instantly what had happened. During my education, I'd been told that the radiation from the yellow sun of this solar system would endow my body with fantastic strength and power. I felt better than I ever had in my whole life. I'd been looking forward to this for a long time.

I knew from my education that there was another Kryptonian on Earth, a man who had become loved among these people, and I was hoping to somehow find him. My parents knew what would happen to my body, and my mother had made me a costume so that I could be a superhero too. It's all I have of my home. I put it on, and tore my way out of the pod, unprepared for the blast of water that hit me full in the face as it flooded in. The pod had apparently landed in a river, and had already sunk to the bottom, but I got free and escaped to the surface, where I tested my new abilities for the first time.

I'd landed near a beautiful forest - my first taste of freedom. It's so big, everything seems to go on forever. I could hear and see and just sense far more than I'd ever been able to. I ran through it, testing my superspeed and just enjoying my freedom. I was flying, and I didn't even realise it, and then when I did realise, I could have cried with joy - I could fly! I took to the air, hurtling and circling and laughing in sheer delight at this amazing ability. I'd always looked forward to the day when I would gain my powers, and my freedom, and when I finally got them I hardly knew what to do first. Eventually, I landed back in the forest, and walked through it on foot - I wanted to savour every moment, every inch of my new surroundings. I was finally free.

When I wandered onto what I now know to be a road, I wasn't really thinking about anyone seeing me. I'd been alone all my life, and I hadn't really thought about what I would do when I eventually did meet someone.

Hugging them was not what I was expecting to do, but that was what I did when Nicola pulled up in her car. I was just overwhelmed by my first sight of another person - I needed to know that they were real.

I told her who I was and what had happened - of course, I had to demonstrate my powers. Nicola is wonderful - she's my friend, and that's everything I've ever wanted. She took me in, fed me, sheltered me, and she's kept my secret. Nicola lives - lived - alone, and her house is out here in the middle of nowhere. I like being here for her when she gets home, and I like being with her. I think she likes me too - she takes me out, she buys me things, and she said I can stay for as long as I want.

I need to repay her...we've talked about me having a double life, a dayjob...but at the moment I spend my days as Supergirl - saving people, helping people...and travelling. I've been here nearly two weeks now, and I love it. I can be in one country, watching the dawn of a new day, and then within seconds I can be on the other side of the planet watching the sun set. I just wish...Nicola could share it with me. I love her, and I wish she was like me...but how can I tell her, after all she's done for me? We're good friends...and, for her at least, that's where it ends. But I want more...I need to be loved.

I've got another problem too...since I came here, my appetite has soared. I can't stop eating. I never had this trouble back in the pod...but now I always seem to be eating...

It's showing. I've gained weight since I've arrived here - Nicola weighed me this morning, and I've gained nearly 100 pounds in 2 weeks, all of it fat. I'm looking at myself in the mirror now...shaking this belly I seem to have. There's a knock at the door.

"Come in, Nicola."

Nicola puts her beautiful head around the door. "Oh, Kara! I'll close the-"

"No, it's alright." I'd forgotten I was naked. "Come in."

Nicola comes in and closes the door, and I smile at her. "Are you off to work?" I ask.

"Yes...I'm going to ask if I get you as my assistant."

Wow..."Do you think they'd let you?"

She grins. "I'm the best journalist they have. If I say I need a photographer with me full time, I'll get it. And you will be it."

"You mean we can spend more time together!?!?"

"Sure. And I'll always let you go when you need to do your superhero stuff."

"Oh...Nicola, thank you so much!" I grab her and hug her tightly, and she hugs me back. She glances over my naked body, and I sigh. "I'm fat, aren't I?" I ask.

"Well...yes, you are. But there's nothing wrong with that."

"Your...newspapers...don't seem to think so." I sit down on the bed, thinking about what had been written. Nicola sits down with me and puts her arm around me.

"Kara, don't listen to them. You have nothing to be ashamed. They do. They're the ones who see you flying around doing nothing but good, and they pick on you for your weight."

I glance at the Supergirl costume on my bed and smile. It's a little embarassing actually...the world seems to see me as this mighty invincible goddess...I'm just...me.

"But it's not my fault it's happening." I say. "I mean, I'm the one that's eating, but only because the hunger gets so painful. It's the planet...whatever gave me my powers has done this."

"Hmm...well, maybe we should get you to a doctor."

"No...please, Nicola...they might suspect that I'm Supergirl. I'd have to leave if they did that."

She sighs. "If you carry on gaining weight...it's going to get even more obvious that you're Supergirl...look, promise me you won't just leave me...I need you."

I smile. "I would never leave you. You're all I have."

You hug again, and then Nicola looks at her watch. "Right, I'd better go or I'll be late - I'll see you later, Kara. Have fun."

"Bye, Nicola!"

I'm alone...I glance again at the Supergirl costume, and sigh. I can't stop overeating, but it'll only make me fatter...how much fatter will I get?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Punchbag (UN: punchbag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Punchbag has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/969420-Superheroine-Weight-Gain/cid/249844-Supergirl