*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A spying we will go
  2. What has gone before
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/984497-Revenge-of-the-Purple-Peanut-Butter/cid/258243-A-spying-we-will-go
by Sage
Rated: 13+ · Interactive · Action/Adventure · #984497
Based off the first macrophile story I ever read. Add please.
This choice: Eat some purple peanut butter and go spying  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

A spying we will go

    by: Sage
You decide to go Bond for right now and spy on you cousins. You don't know why, but you found it pretty cool to be so small that you were looking at people without them having any idea you were there. You did a little experimenting over the last year, and found out that if you just eat a small bit of the purple goo you shrink instantly, rather than over a long period of time if you eat a whole bunch at once. Why is still a mystery, but you've never really taken the time to care.

Unscrewing the lid to the jar, you notice again that despite the fact that you cleaned out the jar only a few weeks ago, it is now almost full with the strange substance you have yet to think of a better name for than purple peanut butter. You stick the tip of your finger inside the gooey soft gunk, and are surprised that it is still cool, even though it must have been sitting in your hot suitcase for over an hour on the ride from airport to the house.

Pulling your finger out again you make sure that a little dollop of the purple goo remains on its tip. Looking at it you are once again amazed that something that so resembles a common foodstuff, even though it is not the right color, can do something so weird. Sniffing it you find that the aroma, a mixture of peanut butter, jelly, and something else you can't identify, seems even stronger now than it did the last time you opened the jar.

You are just about to eat the little bit of purple peanut butter when you suddenly remember the cake. It is the only antidote you know to the shrinking effect. Whether this is because it was designed to be, or if it is supposed to make you grow, you have no idea. You've never eaten the cake alone. After all as a shrunken kid it's easy to sneak around, but as a hundred foot tall goliath you're pretty sure someone would notice you.

Still you can't just leave the cake on top of the dresser. You remember the first time you shrank at home, and you ended up having to climb up your own dresser to get at the cake. Your parents had chewed you out terribly about being missing for almost twenty-four hours. They had nearly called the police, little knowing that their son was still in his room, just feeling a little down. Down to about a forth of an inch actually. Luckily you left your top drawer open and a handy thread was there to help you finish your climb hours earlier than you would have otherwise.

Staring around the room you don't see any really place to put the cake. At your own home you just slip it under the bed, but the guest bed in your current room is only about an inch off the floor, way to low to slip the cake under. With no better place in sight you finally decide to put the cake on the other side of the dresser, out of sight of the door. Hopefully you'll want to grow back long before anyone comes searching for you in your room.

Setting the cake down you take one last tentative look around your room. Considering you've only been in it for about twenty minutes the only thing that looks out of place is the suitcase, which is stuffed into a corner. With nothing else left to do you place you finger on you tongue and then suck the purple goo off it. The taste is even better than you remember, and you wonder somewhere in the back of your mind if this is what doing drugs is like, but then the pink dots begin to play in front of your eyes, and everything around you seems to be getting farther away.

You're shrinking and quite fast. Within a few seconds everything in the room looks like a scenic mesa view, with shag carpeting for waving plains, and an oak wood dresser and bed frame for mesas. The scene is beautiful, or at least it would be if you didn't have this nagging voice in the back of your mind that insisted on reminding you that you are now smaller than most household pests, and that you were nearly killed last time you did this in this particular home.

You shout down that nagging little voice. As you always do in this situation, and begin the trek to the living room. You are quickly of the opinion that maybe you should have shrunk after you were in sight of the two you wanted to spy on, as at your current height it will take you hours to get to the living room, most of those spent traversing the stairs. Still you can't back out now. You're gonna go spy on Barney and Dora for a while, hear what they say about you when you're not around, and then get them back for it later.

The jog to the living room takes less time than you thought, as you find a helpful baseboard running along the bottom of the stairs that you find just the right height to climb onto. Pulling yourself on top of it you ride it like a slide down to the ground floor of the house. Unfortunately you find yourself unable to stop and then slide along the tiled floor as you land with several grunting noises as you collide with the hard surface.

Despite the rather rough landing you are still conscious. Pulling yourself up you check your arms and legs to see if you broke anything, and then rub your temples to try and fight off the headache which is a result of righteous face plant you did right off the bat. Luckily you don't seem very injured, and besides a splitting headache you are pretty sure you're going to be fine.

However, you are dismayed to discover that the two you are planning on spying on are getting up. The television beyond them is showing the credits of whatever show it was they were watching, and now, bored with the TV, their going into other parts of the house. You notice a moment later that both their massive forms are coming towards you. You realize almost instantly that you can leap onto one of their shoes, or try and follow them on foot, though that annoying voice in the back of your mind is screaming at you to hide, or go back upstairs. You could of course ignore everything and just sit right where you are as they pass by and watch them from here for a few minutes. What do you do?

You have the following choices:

1. Leap on to one of their shoes

2. Follow one of them on foot

3. Hurry back upstairs

4. Hide somewhere

*Noteb*
5. Just stand where you are

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Sage (UN: star_sage at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sage has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/984497-Revenge-of-the-Purple-Peanut-Butter/cid/258243-A-spying-we-will-go